• Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virginia
    • West Virginia
    • D.C.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to let ya'll know, I'm staying in Charlotte at the Charlotte Colliseum (where the Hornets played before New Orlean's stole them :rofl: ) . I hope that isn't a bad omen :o . School system is below average because there aren't that many rules and a lot of gun/assault incidents. I've heard that my childs school (LINK: West Charlotte) is bad (but apparently thats the norm?). So schoolwise Charlotte isn't hitting on much. But in others it is. It's beautiful! Well, downtown is anyways. The outskirts are rough though (East Charlotte, West Charlotte). Yes, it's just like the hood parts of New Orleans. Charlotte has a lot of fun places to go to. My favorite being CAROWINDS! (part of the Paramounts chain, a theme park with 25+ roller coasters). The one thing that bothers me about Charlotte is the crime rate. I heard that last week there were 6 murders in East Charlotte in 2 days!!!! :ph34r: Residents are so nice and really diverse (demographic wise)!! Downtown has a lot of skyscrapers and night life. Nothing like The Big Easy though :lol: (but what is?). Overall, Charlotte is so pretty!! I'm glad I got to stay here.

I knew Charlotte was big, but apparently it's getting even bigger!! Downtown I saw a lot of new construction sites. One for 50+ stories!! Hopefully I learn even more about this dazzling city.

I am staying in Lafayette, LA with my sister and her family. I will be flying to Illinois on Wednesday and staying there and making a home base there, until we can get back home. I'm sure I'll have to make several flights back to New Orleans during the course of the next 2 months. Please pray for all of us. Many are in pain. New Orleans will be back, soon....I can assure everyone.

I am currently staying with some friends in Baton Rouge.

They just got power back up here.

With the evacuees from New Orleans, the population in Baton Rouge right now is over 370,000...and the traffic is horrible.

Im just glad I am somewhere with power...and a shower!

Thanks to everyone who have kept all New Orleanians and people affected by Katrina in their prayers!

Just to let ya'll know, I'm staying in Charlotte at the Charlotte Colliseum (where the Hornets played before New Orlean's stole them  :rofl: ) . I hope that isn't a bad omen  :o . School system is below average because there aren't that many rules and a lot of gun/assault incidents. I've heard that my childs school (LINK: West Charlotte) is bad (but apparently thats the norm?). So schoolwise Charlotte isn't hitting on much. But in others it is. It's beautiful! Well, downtown is anyways. The outskirts are rough though (East Charlotte, West Charlotte). Yes, it's just like the hood parts of New Orleans. Charlotte has a lot of fun places to go to. My favorite being CAROWINDS!  (part of the Paramounts chain, a theme park with 25+ roller coasters). The one thing that bothers me about Charlotte is the crime rate. I heard that last week there were 6 murders in East Charlotte in 2 days!!!!  :ph34r: Residents are so nice and really diverse (demographic wise)!! Downtown has a lot of skyscrapers and night life. Nothing like The Big Easy though :lol:  (but what is?). Overall, Charlotte is so pretty!! I'm glad I got to stay here.

I knew Charlotte was big, but apparently it's getting even bigger!! Downtown I saw a lot of new construction sites. One for 50+ stories!! Hopefully I learn even more about this dazzling city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

West Charlotte apparently has the highest crime rate in the school system and is one of the more underpreforming schools. I mean where the Charlotte Colesium is isn't the best area of town but it's alright...

NOrefugee I would encourage you post in the Charlotte thread. You could get a lot of advice on making your stay (whether it be short term or permanent) much better. I think each SE city should consider starting threads to help relocated NO residents get by a little easier in thier new surroundings. Charlotte has some rough schools but it also has some very good ones and crime can be all in where you are in the city.

^You are most certainly in my prayers.

I had an aunt in Biloxi. I just heard from her for the first time since the devastation yesterday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have an aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins in Biloxi (well D'Iberville) and just heard from them on the 6th. They luckily only suffered some roof damage. They're toughing it out and have no intention of going anywhere unless they absolutely have too. She told me that they had to drive as far as Gulfport to find supplies.

Just to let ya'll know, I'm staying in Charlotte at the Charlotte Colliseum (where the Hornets played before New Orlean's stole them  :rofl: ) . I hope that isn't a bad omen  :o . School system is below average because there aren't that many rules and a lot of gun/assault incidents. I've heard that my childs school (LINK: West Charlotte) is bad (but apparently thats the norm?). So schoolwise Charlotte isn't hitting on much. But in others it is. It's beautiful! Well, downtown is anyways. The outskirts are rough though (East Charlotte, West Charlotte). Yes, it's just like the hood parts of New Orleans. Charlotte has a lot of fun places to go to. My favorite being CAROWINDS!  (part of the Paramounts chain, a theme park with 25+ roller coasters). The one thing that bothers me about Charlotte is the crime rate. I heard that last week there were 6 murders in East Charlotte in 2 days!!!!  :ph34r: Residents are so nice and really diverse (demographic wise)!! Downtown has a lot of skyscrapers and night life. Nothing like The Big Easy though :lol:  (but what is?). Overall, Charlotte is so pretty!! I'm glad I got to stay here.

I knew Charlotte was big, but apparently it's getting even bigger!! Downtown I saw a lot of new construction sites. One for 50+ stories!! Hopefully I learn even

more about this dazzling city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First get a map.

Take Tyvola east, name will change at Park Rd to Fairvew, and you will hit the South Mall Area.

Any road south of South Park will put you in a good area. And Roads North will be nice. Just stay west of Independence Blvd.

I work part time for an elementry school near South Park Mall, and I feel like it is well above average.

Carolina Mall is south in Pineville. I485 and Hwy 51,

Along Hwy NC51 you will be ok. It will take you to Matthews.

Matthews is a nice little town, which is near Independence and I485

It has some nice shopping along NC 51 and Independence. Nice schools out this way.

This will be a start for you.

Archived