The Madison

UrbanCharlotte

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I've mentioned it before, but here goes again: I think the most tragic thing of this three building grouping is the matchy-matchy design/color scheme. I guess matchy-matchy developments are acceptable in places like Southpark or Ballantyne. But I think most of us would be opposed to that bland look Uptown.

Nothing anyone can do about it now, unless the owners want to spend $millions$ to paint some, or all of it. That's doubtful, since the issue of the parking garage's completion is still out there.

But personally I'm glad to hear this development is mostly completed on the exterior. After the recession eases, maybe we might see more aggressive work on the property.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, the interiors of these remind me of suburban houses...very nice looking but if I was to buy a condo uptown I think I'd like something more glassy, metallic, or gritty-esque. That being said, I'm surprised by how nice these turned out on the inside compared to the EFIS exteriors.

Archived