The Madison

UrbanCharlotte

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be surprised if they don't make the complex to be like an E from above. It seems like if they don't have a section of the condos facing away from the current hotel towers, that those condos will need to be very very cheap. Its one thing to have a bedroom or bathroom window facing the back of a Garden Inn. But to have every room in the place with that view is just crazy.

I dunno if I would say I am going to miss the towers...they have been an eyesore for years now. It just looks so odd to see 2 fake clock towers perched high atop an open parking garage. I really think it doesn't matter what they build inbetween those things, it has to look better than it does now.

I say that and just watch...

In all my time working on development research, I have never seen a project so tight lipped, Wachovia doesn't even come close to this project. Spending two days on trying to find anything about the project and coming up with nothing makes me wonder if these developers want to make money. This isn't exactly the sexiest location in Uptown Charlotte as of now. Maybe Second Ward Projects are cursed (i.e. The Park). If anyone has anything, please come foward.

Yes, but unlikely The Park, which has sold out quite a few times before, and is still essentially the same parking deck as ever, they actually have a crane up and are laying steel on this project which apparantly hasn't sold one unit......sorry Park, but this is how you get it done......

It could be....but the building permit lists it as 28 units, which would seem a rather small quantity to do apartments.

My guess is they think there is anough built up demand that they can sell them in one day at a higher price upon completion that they could presell them for.....

We have two...the faux clock tower and the Arlington. Just think, the Arlington was originally planned to be 40 something stories.

You know, even though I'm not a fan of the pink, it may have been more attractive at 4x stories because i'm sure it would've been more architecturally aesthetic.

the original panos renderings that were in CLTBJ were actually not bad, with the hotel in the middle, but I have not been able to locate them, they weren't quite as myrtle beach, they looked like 3 nice additions to downtown, boy was wrong, and that was me who called it myrtle beach

We have two...the faux clock tower and the Arlington. Just think, the Arlington was originally planned to be 40 something stories.

but the arlington was stunning at 42 stories, I always loved that design, as much as I was against us becoming atlantesque with a building outside of our CBD, but apparently over the years I've started wanting that, because now I wouldn't mind another skyline down south blvd

umm...just look at page 3 of this thread.

Well, from what the guy operating the "crane" told me, it is just going to be an extension to the parking deck.

Looks like it will be more than that. These are from the 3rd.

5-03-06005.jpg

5-03-06007.jpg

5-03-06017.jpg

Archived