DTE Moving to 44th Street

GRDadof3

There is an article in the GR Press about DTE moving 180 employees out of Bridgewater Place out to 44th Street for cheaper digs and front door parking. I maybe can see cheaper digs, but front door parking? What could be better than covered parking at Bridgewater, especially in the Winter?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an article in the GR Press about DTE moving 180 employees out of Bridgewater Place out to 44th Street for cheaper digs and front door parking.  I maybe can see cheaper digs, but front door parking?  What could be better than covered parking at Bridgewater, especially in the Winter?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is there another natural gas provider in the area?

while the covered parking in bridgewater is nice, It can be quite a chore for the people in the DTE offices there to make that trek. It's like an eight step process, finding a spot getting to the parking elevators, going to the second floor of bridgewater, going to the bridgewater elevators, so on so on. I did it about three times a week for five years, my girlfriend was an analyst there back in the day when it was still just Michcon.

while the covered parking in bridgewater is nice, It can be quite a chore for the people in the DTE offices there to make that trek.  It's like an eight step process, finding a spot getting to the parking elevators, going to the second floor of bridgewater, going to the bridgewater elevators, so on so on.  I did it about three times a week for five years, my girlfriend was an analyst there back in the day when it was still just Michcon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would think (and hope) that the move was more about cheaper rent and less about parking. It bothers me when businesses make such a big deal about parking.

Archived