Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newnan

The Real World Atlanta

44 posts in this topic

Why hasn't MTV's "The Real World" done an installment in Atlanta? I mean, they're doing one in Austin for crying out loud!! Post you opinion

Atlanta has been considered a few times for the show, I believe, but they have always gone to somewhere else.

It will come to Atlanta one day, I assure you. :)

God, I hope so! It's not like we have to have it, but it would be nice

u know, i never thought about that...

how about Real World Charleston

I honestly don't know why Atlanta has yet to become a "Real World" city. It seems like the MTV producers are running out of ideas....when there are many great cities out there. I was kinda disappointed to see the Real World in Austin this year, although it is a great city. It just seems like MTV has looked over not only Atlanta...but cities like DC, Denver, Houston, & St. Louis.

Atlanta will certainly get it for the next 6 or so seasons that the show is scheduled to run.

Other good candidates are DC, Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Toronto, and Phoenix. It's unlikely that both Houston and DFW will get it, since the current season is in Texas (Austin).

Charleston would actually be an excellent candidate for a smaller city. The cast could find more to be involved in there than in some other bigger cities.

This season absolutely sucks.

Atlanta will certainly get it for the next 6 or so seasons that the show is scheduled to run.

Other good candidates are DC, Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Toronto, and Phoenix. It's unlikely that both Houston and DFW will get it, since the current season is in Texas (Austin).

Charleston would actually be an excellent candidate for a smaller city. The cast could find more to be involved in there than in some other bigger cities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder why they chose Austin first for a Texas city. Is it because it has a college town atmoshpere? It seemed to me that D-FW or Houston would be the first.

This season absolutely sucks.

Well, it ranked first for cable reality shows, so apparently some people watched it.

I agree with you on Charleston. That's where the show could go for some real Southern charm (not that they would move there, it's all about TV markets and viewership Charleston's just isn't big enough.)

I say they put it in Salt Lake City now that would be fun to watch! Forget Atlanta...

I say they put it in Salt Lake City now that would be fun to watch! Forget Atlanta...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, let those paegan kids screw around with everyone and drive the mormons crazy...definitely would be interesting :D

I think Charleston may be too similar in feel to the New Orleans season. I think Real World wants to spread out good city candidates by putting in "filler" cities like Austin. Austin is a cool town but it doesn't have the impact DC or Atlanta would have. I just think that the real world folks don't want to run out of big cities while ratings are still high. We have also yet to see Sydney or other probable international cities other than London and Paris.

We have also yet to see Sydney or other probable international cities other than London and Paris.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The 4th season was filmed in London in '94 and the 13th season was set in Paris a few years ago.

I think Charleston may be too similar in feel to the New Orleans season.  I think Real World wants to spread out good city candidates by putting in "filler" cities like Austin.  Austin is a cool town but it doesn't have the impact DC or Atlanta would have.  I just think that the real world folks don't want to run out of big cities while ratings are still high.  We have also yet to see Sydney or other probable international cities other than London and Paris.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Filler"? :rolleyes:

I wish there would be a "Real World: Willacoochee". If they wanted a southern small town, Willacoochee would be the best. It would show how we (smaller cities) don't have everything and the pleasures of big town living. It is just my thought, so don't take it "seriously".

While listening to a radio station here in Columbia, I heard that MTV has agreed to do a Real World Atlanta. The season is slated to be taped this year and will be broadcasted late this year or early next year.

YEAAAAAAH!!!! That will be sooooo cool. It's about freakin' time if you ask me!

I wonder what kind of house will they have the cast living in. You know they always have some cool homes.

I bet they'll probably live in Buckhead.

If they must come...... :rolleyes:

I would think that a bunch of young college aged children would be better suited for a midtown townhome or highrise condo. Especially somewhere close to Georgia Tech. Afterall, they did live in the city when they were in NYC.

Don't believe it until MTV announces it - there were numerous rumours 2 years ago that ATlanta was going to host it, including radio announcements. I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon...

I wonder why they chose Austin first for a Texas city. Is it because it has a college town atmoshpere? It seemed to me that D-FW or Houston would be the first.

Well, it ranked first for cable reality shows, so apparently some people watched it.

The Austin cast's "job" was to film a documetary about the South by Southwest music fest and then show the film at their film festival.

Don't believe it until MTV announces it - there were numerous rumours 2 years ago that ATlanta was going to host it, including radio announcements. I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon...

No, RW 15 was suppose to film in Atlanta in 2003. The producers pulled out because they ran into a problem. It was permits or something. I can't remember the details.

I dont really watch the real world anymore, but I'm really interested in this Key West season, just to see how they deal with the three hurricanes (Katrina, Wilma, and Rita).