The Real World Atlanta

Newnan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't know why Atlanta has yet to become a "Real World" city. It seems like the MTV producers are running out of ideas....when there are many great cities out there. I was kinda disappointed to see the Real World in Austin this year, although it is a great city. It just seems like MTV has looked over not only Atlanta...but cities like DC, Denver, Houston, & St. Louis.

Atlanta will certainly get it for the next 6 or so seasons that the show is scheduled to run.

Other good candidates are DC, Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Toronto, and Phoenix. It's unlikely that both Houston and DFW will get it, since the current season is in Texas (Austin).

Charleston would actually be an excellent candidate for a smaller city. The cast could find more to be involved in there than in some other bigger cities.

This season absolutely sucks.

Atlanta will certainly get it for the next 6 or so seasons that the show is scheduled to run.

Other good candidates are DC, Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Toronto, and Phoenix. It's unlikely that both Houston and DFW will get it, since the current season is in Texas (Austin).

Charleston would actually be an excellent candidate for a smaller city. The cast could find more to be involved in there than in some other bigger cities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder why they chose Austin first for a Texas city. Is it because it has a college town atmoshpere? It seemed to me that D-FW or Houston would be the first.

This season absolutely sucks.

Well, it ranked first for cable reality shows, so apparently some people watched it.

I agree with you on Charleston. That's where the show could go for some real Southern charm (not that they would move there, it's all about TV markets and viewership Charleston's just isn't big enough.)

I think Charleston may be too similar in feel to the New Orleans season. I think Real World wants to spread out good city candidates by putting in "filler" cities like Austin. Austin is a cool town but it doesn't have the impact DC or Atlanta would have. I just think that the real world folks don't want to run out of big cities while ratings are still high. We have also yet to see Sydney or other probable international cities other than London and Paris.

I think Charleston may be too similar in feel to the New Orleans season.  I think Real World wants to spread out good city candidates by putting in "filler" cities like Austin.  Austin is a cool town but it doesn't have the impact DC or Atlanta would have.  I just think that the real world folks don't want to run out of big cities while ratings are still high.  We have also yet to see Sydney or other probable international cities other than London and Paris.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Filler"? :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

I wonder why they chose Austin first for a Texas city. Is it because it has a college town atmoshpere? It seemed to me that D-FW or Houston would be the first.

Well, it ranked first for cable reality shows, so apparently some people watched it.

The Austin cast's "job" was to film a documetary about the South by Southwest music fest and then show the film at their film festival.

Don't believe it until MTV announces it - there were numerous rumours 2 years ago that ATlanta was going to host it, including radio announcements. I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon...

No, RW 15 was suppose to film in Atlanta in 2003. The producers pulled out because they ran into a problem. It was permits or something. I can't remember the details.

Archived