The Real World Atlanta

Newnan

I absolutely love The RW.......I think one of the reasons why they did Austin instead of Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio is to kind of "advertise" their city to the young people of America, since it is an up and coming city......but thats just my opinion, maybe im wrong......I think they are going to go back and forth with hot and cold cities, next might be Toronto, Detroit, or Minneapolis........then maybe Atlanta, DC, maybe Charlotte

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everyone knows that MTV hates doing the real world in the "tough cities" of america like atlanta, detroit, houston, and los angeles - although they did do l.a. a long time ago - but what was with austin? that's lame

Well from my recollection, the RW did do seasons in New York, Chicago, Philly, Boston, and New Orleans. There are some of your "tough cities." :whistling:

also, there has been a rumor going around for months on tv that the next season will be in Detroit, well Royal Oaks. here is an article link.

http://www.easternecho.com/cgi-bin/story.cgi?7408

You would think those cities would be a little tougher than Atlanta

i'm talking about crime wise - detroit and atlanta are always in the top 5 cities for crime - new york, chicago, and boston don't have near as much (citizens to crimes ratio)

i'm talking about crime wise - detroit and atlanta are always in the top 5 cities for crime - new york, chicago, and boston don't have near as much (citizens to crimes ratio)

That may be true, but the average person wouldn't think Atlanta to be as crime ridden as the cities mentioned above; especially New York and Chicago, given their enormous populations that more than dwarfs Atlanta's.

I absolutely love The RW.......I think one of the reasons why they did Austin instead of Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio is to kind of "advertise" their city to the young people of America, since it is an up and coming city......but thats just my opinion, maybe im wrong......I think they are going to go back and forth with hot and cold cities, next might be Toronto, Detroit, or Minneapolis........then maybe Atlanta, DC, maybe Charlotte

RW sucks now, big time. I could see just about all of the cities you mentioned landing a season, except Charlotte. What would they do, work at the Nascar HOF or Carowinds or something? Charleston would land a season before Charlotte would.

lol detroit? What will their job be, helping to layoff auto-workers?

:rofl:

• 1 month later...

That may be true, but the average person wouldn't think Atlanta to be as crime ridden as the cities mentioned above; especially New York and Chicago, given their enormous populations that more than dwarfs Atlanta's.

Gee, I don't think I would've been quite that crude and insulting to Atlanta or it's people. Crime is BAD no matter how large the city is in which it occurs. Atlanta actually has more crime in the suburbs as a whole, but how many know that? The vast majority of the people live in suburbs anyway, except in the case of New York, where almost half live in the city.

Still, I'd like to see Atlanta and maybe someday a city in NC have an episode with it. Even though I hate the show. :sick:

I believe only a few more seasons are left on the show's contract. Before it's all said and done, Atlanta and DC will definitely land a season. I also think it would be cool for them to go to a smaller city with just as much to do, such as Savannah or Charleston.

Archived