CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Brio

gs3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be the initial catalyst for one of the most important community revitalization projects in Greenville's history. That whole area is in very bad shape, but has incredible potential. I'm pretty sure this is the residential development spoken of in a recent edition Greenville Journal as being next to Sirrine Stadium. :)

I think the prices are slightly better than in downtown, but still high based on square footage. The rendering shows some new building in front facing Church Street. Isn't this section of Church in Greenville's master plan to be narrowed, landscaped and have street level retail / pedestrian access added?

Yes. You'll have to follow the link in Brad's Master Plan thread to find what you want. That whole Haynie-Sirrine neighborhood is going to look different once the work is finished. As I said earlier, this will be one of the most important revitalization projects in the history of Greenville. That whole area is in absolutely terrible shape right now -- a real eyesore as visitors and residents enter downtown from I-185. Can't wait for that image to disappear. -_-

I think the prices are slightly better than in downtown, but still high based on square footage.  The rendering shows some new building in front facing Church Street.  Isn't this section of Church in Greenville's master plan to be narrowed, landscaped and have street level retail / pedestrian access added?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW, these will be auctioned off, so I assume the prices will vary.

• 4 weeks later...

It was my first time going down Church St today in a long time... I was absolutely amazed at how differently this building looks already. It's truly going to be a marvel once it's done- Mainly because the MASSIVE transformation. It looks 100 percent better already

It was my first time going down Church St today in a long time... I was absolutely amazed at how differently this building looks already. It's truly going to be a marvel once it's done- Mainly because the MASSIVE transformation. It looks 100 percent better already

Agreed! :thumbsup: This is going to be a very nice addition to intown living!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are a couple of updated shots of the Brio.

BRIO1.jpg

BRIO3.jpg

That project is really nice, but Im not sure I would want to spend that kind of money and look out my window to see the latest drug deal going down. That area surrounding it, and Mills mill is horrible. The city needs to buy it up and tear alot of it down.

Archived