CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Brio

gs3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you haven't seen the master plan done for the Haynie-Sirrine area, check it out at:

http://www.greatergreenville.com/developme...smasterplan.asp

Below is the master plan, along with an existing and proposed view down Church Street. I drive through here every day on my way to work, and can't wait to see some more of this begin to take shape. It may take a while, but eventually it will be a big improvement.

masterplan.jpg

perspectivebefore.jpg

perspectiveafter.jpg

• 1 month later...

Chad: The answer (and a phone number) may be found here:

http://www.greatergreenville.com/city_gove...greenville'

Z-2-2005/FDP. Final Development Plan for the Brio Condominiums, old Ramada Inn, Church

Street, Haynie Sirrine PD TMS # 910.2-5-59. The applicant is New City Development (864-505-

6361).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was by there this morning. Looks much the same on the outside, but you can tell the interior fittings are starting to go in. One end of the building has the windows in. Can't wait to see the exterior really take shape. Anybody know what the first move in dates are?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am starting to regret not investing in this one. The surrounding area kept me from bidding at the time of auction, but in hindsight, it was a missed opportunity. This building is going to look terrific and will do wonders for continued development in the area.

I want to know something. Are they going to cover the whole building with that fake stucco or are they gonna leave it that way. Because looking at the earlier renderings thats what I saw. All stucco look that is.

edit: Just went back and saw rendering.

True, but I would guess that they aren't as cheap now as they were that night. Maybe I will revisit the possibility.

Until they demo that entire area surrounding The Brio, I wont be inclined to even look at purchasing one. Good friend of mine who is a officer with the city told me that the area surrounding it is awful. I can't imagine being the owner of one of these and looking out my window to see the local drug deal going down. Heres hoping that the city comes through with their promise of cleaning it up.

Just be prepared to pay top dollar.

To be frank, most people think any area that has substandard housing is completely full of people that are going to rob them. I don't doubt that there are some hot spots in the area crime-wise, but most of the residents are law abiding citizens. That goes for most areas not just this corridor.

When I lived in Columbia, I bought in a transitional area that other people thought I was crazy to move to. Needless to say, the claims were exaggerated. Policemen often are the most alarmists in this regard.

I not only made a excellent return when I sold, I learned just how true my above statement was. Once homeowners start moving in, they get a handle on the crime because they are invested in the area.

Archived