The Essence of Alaska's Largest in Sept.

mthq

Anchorage in September. When the green seems greener, and the overcast skies mark a depressing end to summer. I thought nothing better would represent this time of the year than taking on downtown! So c'mon down..

1aec.jpg

mmm.. Chowder...

2aec.jpg

3aec.jpg

7aec.jpg

Key Bank Plaza

8aec.jpg

rar rar

9aec.jpg

Looks like the bums were out-n-about last night..

11aec.jpg

12aec.jpg

13aec.jpg

14aec.jpg

4th Avenue, but you can see that already

15aec.jpg

our second halibut

17aec.jpg

17aaec.jpg

Somehow the woman in the little go-cart managed to get in my way for a whole block. Reminds me of Sweetchuck from Police Academy.. good gravy..

18aec.jpg

19aec.jpg

21aec.jpg

Alaska's finest delicacy (as well as Hawaii's) :)

22aec.jpg

24aec.jpg

26aec.jpg

27aec.jpg

28aec.jpg

No it's not a clown.. it's wearing the traditional Athebascin or Alutiiq wear*.

30aec.jpg

*I really don't know.

31aec.jpg

34aec.jpg

35aec.jpg

September may mean rain, but c'monnn.. summer is not totally over..

pano.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Job!

I noticed a mall in the picture with signs for JC-Penny and Nordstroms. Is this mall downtown or on the edge of the city? How big is it? Number of stores? Is it doing well?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is the Simon Anchorage 5th Ave. Mall. It's located downtown and is about 4 or 5 stories high. I was there about a year ago, and it's definately quite a nice mall; nicer than some we have in NJ. It has all the majour stores which can be found in most malls and then some. It's really very clean too, from what I remember. It's problably got at least 100 stores, if not more.

Archived