State NC should co-op the most

NcSc74

Should NC co-op with SC or VA  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should NC co-op with SC or VA

• South Carolina
    • Virginia

Which state should NC co-op with the most to advance our own intrest in the future. Remeber we(NC) share a border with a major metro to the south(Charlotte). Also we share a border with a major metro to the north(Hampton Roads). Which on of these will benefit the good of the majority of NC. Keep in mind Charlotte brings a lot more to the table then Hampton Roads. No disrespect to the 757 because I lived there for 4 years and I loved it. However who ultimately wins out and who should NC look too help the region prosper.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think we must cooperate with virginia more, but the real answer is probably both states.

we must cooperate with virginia more, i believe, because there is currently more of a divide with VA. VA's urban economy is in the crescent from Virginia Beach- Richmond-DC, and NC's is Raleigh - Triad - Charlotte. There is already a fairly close connection between charlotte and Columbia, Greenville/Spartanburg, and even Charleston because of the proximity and because they are the 'carolinas'. There is a huge divide, though, between raleigh and richmond and raleigh and norfolk/hampton roads.

• 2 weeks later...

i think we must cooperate with virginia more, but the real answer is probably both states.

we must cooperate with virginia more, i believe, because there is currently more of a divide with VA.    VA's urban economy is in the crescent from Virginia Beach- Richmond-DC, and NC's is Raleigh - Triad - Charlotte.  There is already a fairly close connection between charlotte and Columbia, Greenville/Spartanburg, and even Charleston because of the proximity and because they are the 'carolinas'.  There is a huge divide, though, between raleigh and richmond and raleigh and norfolk/hampton roads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You hit the nail on the head with that. If anyone has driven NC17 south out of Hampton Roads then the disparity is stark. I know the great dismal swamp divides NC and Va in that area. I still think the residents of rural NE NC could use some incentive to improve their region with the vibrancy of HR. Maybe an interstate connection from I64 to Elizabeth Ctiy would be a good start.

• 2 weeks later...

You hit the nail on the head with that. If anyone has driven NC17 south out of Hampton Roads then the disparity is stark. I know the great dismal swamp divides NC and Va in that area. I still think the residents of rural NE NC could use some incentive to improve their region with the vibrancy of HR. Maybe an interstate connection from I64 to Elizabeth Ctiy would be a good start.

I also agree.. I was always under the assumption that Elizabeth City had somewhat of stronger ties to the

HR area anyway. I think that area should be the next big development boom for the state.

Up until the recent announcements about the extension throughout the rest of the southeast... It was just VA & NC working together very closely to help bring the SEHSRC trains to life. I strongly believe that once the first phase of this high-speed train (Wash,D.C. to Charlotte) is in operation, it will strengthen the ties & bond that we already have with Virginia. I think in the near future Raleigh and other Northern NC cities will look to VA's major cities (HR,Richmond) in a kind a of sister city way, and help promote each other.

Again with the high-speed train coming, it would make alot of sense IMHO.

Archived