Bass Pro Shops?

Dukieman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OH! Another friend of mine who works at Belk said that from their understanding, Bass Pro Shops was signed for the old Proffits location at Westgate in Spartanburg. That would certainly explain recent sightings of land surveyors out measuring the site as if it is going to be expanded for the next leasee?
It is all but official that Bass Pro Shop is coming to Greenville Mall. I had stopped by their store in Concord Mills this weekend to look at some clothes. A manager confirmed plans for a Greenville area store, but are witholding making a formal announcement once the sale of Greenville Mall has been finalized for weeks.

but then you have these quotes, which coudl indicate otherwise. "Greenville area" could just meen the Greenville Metro, wchich technically includes Spartanburg. I think the fact is that the jury is still out on this one.

Oddly enough, I heard this evening from a friend of mine that I consider to be a fairly reliable source of rumors that ... are you ready for this ... Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World is looking at building a store at the Point in Greenville, fronting I-85.

Take it for what its worth. It's just a rumor.

I overheard at work today that Bass Pro Shops is very close to making a decision for the new location and that it will most likely be at Greenville Mall. I work at the Hollywood Cinemas in the mall complex, so the information is probably accurate. It's a very logical location for a new store. Almost all Bass Pro's are built in malls now anyway.

Almost all Bass Pro's are built in malls now anyway.

While Bass Pro Shops has gone into some malls, that statement isn't true.

If you visit enough of them, you'll find that the template which has been used by Bass Pro Shops in recent years (and as well for their newest stores in Pearl, MS; Council Bluffs, IA; Kodak, TN; Clarksville, IN; and Denver, CO) is to build stand-alone stores, which are often adjacent to or near a mall in a very highly-visible location (near an interstate or other major highway).

Keep in mind that most of these stores are between 150,000 and 175,000 square feet (or the size of your typical Home Depot or Lowes Home Improvement Center), with the future location in Macon, GA being 600,000 square feet because it will also serve as a regional distribution warehouse.

Granted, the Greenville Mall site itself would be an ideal location.

One intersting oddity is that what had begun as a stand-alone Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World store in Orlando, FL blossomed into Festival Bay, a Touristy Outlet Mall.

Also, the store in Pearl, MS is located Just off of I-20, right next door to the former Greenville Braves new ballpark there.

I dont like the new Best Buy layout. I can't ever find what I want. At the old stores I knew right where everything was. The problem is that if you dont go to best buy or circuit city, where else can you go? Walkmart? Thats a step backwards. Spartanburg has yet to get an hhgregg. Maybe that could go in there someplace?

I think the old BB should be removed and replaced with housing or an extension of that neighborhood that is behind there.

Archived