Stockbridge

torgo

There was an article in last weeks GRBJ that said there was going to be a new building going up at Stocking/Bridge and Maggie's Kitchen was going to move into this building when it was finished. I didn' get a chance to finish reading the article. Does anyone else have more details?

Also, it seems like activity and business in Stockbridge is strong. The mexican restaurant Tacos el Ganadero got a liquor license and has since added a bar and more interior decor. Hopefully when Riverhouse is completed it will give that area another boost. The Stockbridge area strikes me as being one of those gems that has been forgotten in the wake of activity in downtown, Heartside, Michgan Hill, etc.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was an article in last weeks GRBJ that said there was going to be a new building going up at Stocking/Bridge and Maggie's Kitchen was going to move into this building when it was finished.  I didn' get a chance to finish reading the article.  Does anyone else have more details?

Also, it seems like activity and business in Stockbridge is strong.  The mexican restaurant Tacos el Ganadero got a liquor license and has since added a bar and more interior decor.  Hopefully when Riverhouse is completed it will give that area another boost.  The Stockbridge area strikes me as being one of those gems that has been forgotten in the wake of activity in downtown, Heartside, Michgan Hill, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey andy, check the 9/8 agenda and you'll find info and renderings for the work you are referring to ;)

http://www.grand-rapids.mi.us/index.pl?page_id=651

Hey andy, check the 9/8 agenda and you'll find info and renderings for the work you are referring to  ;)

http://www.grand-rapids.mi.us/index.pl?page_id=651

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This building, (I copied it from that agenda.) There are quite a few projects listed in that one agenda, I'm gonna have to check out the others, any in particular that have interesting projects?

building.jpg

I'm assuming you don't know how to get images out of pdf's, or you just didn't want to take the time ;) ?

This building, (I copied it from that agenda.) There are quite a few projects listed in that one agenda, I'm gonna have to check out the others, any in particular that have interesting projects?

building.jpg

I'm assuming you don't know how to get images out of pdf's, or you just didn't want to take the time  ;) ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a matter of fact, I do not know how to pull images out of pdf's. That would be great if you would share that info. Do you have to run it as an HTML?

building.jpg

I'm assuming you don't know how to get images out of pdf's, or you just didn't want to take the time  ;) ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a lousy building! One-story, blank walls, cartoonish exterior. It's great their building this on top of a parking lot, but could they have been a little more creative? :huh:

Well, it's actually pretty simple, but hard to explain, but I'll try. But you can't link the images if that's what you were hoping for, you have to save them and post them the same way you would your own pics.

First, you have to have a program that can convert images to different file types, if you don't have one, Irfanview is a great, free photo editing and converting program, download at: http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Now, you may have to download the pdf, but thats only so that you can view the clipboard, if you can find a way to get to the clipboard viewer from the internet window, no need to download, just letting you know ahead of time.

Find the photo you want and use the "snapshot" tool to crop the photo out, it will automatically save to the clipboard. Now you have to view the clipboard, click "Window" in the toolbar and select "Clipbaord Viewer," then "File" and "Save As." This step must be done one photo at a time because the clipboard only holds one file at a time.

Now open up the program your using to convert file types, and convert the clipbaord file (.CLP) to a jpeg (JPG). If your using IrfanView, click "File" and "Batch Conversion/Rename" and select the file and it's input source type (.CLP) and it's output source type (.JPG) and click "Start," for this you can do as many photos as you want at a time. And your done!

I know this is probably really confusing so let me know if you need help  :) .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clear as mud ;) No, I can probably follow the instruction when I get the chance. Thanks!

And that building is a little plain.

Clear as mud  ;)  No, I can probably follow the instruction when I get the chance.  Thanks!

And that building is a little plain.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yah I'm not too thrilled either, but it is better than a parking lot. Its a cartoony, and the "Maggies Kitchen" sign is stupid. It makes the building look like it belongs out on 28th Street or Rivertown Parkway.

Also Jeff, if you open the pdf you can get a halfway decent version of the pic by hitting the printscreen button and pasting it into paint or something like that.

Maggie's (best mexican food in town!) will close their current location soon and open in the old sub shop just east of the new location with a kitchen, take out and limited seating during construction. After the new place opens (mid-2006?) they will maintain the little shop as a "takeout" storefront.

Congratulations to Luis and the crew of Maggie's Kitchen! They're making a tremendous investment int the neighborhood!

Archived