What City was I seeing?

R-man

Flying from Cincinatti to Philadelphia recently, I looked down and noticed an interesting looking city/metro area divided by a winding river with a large and obviously developed island in the river. What city is this? I was thinking Morgantown, WV but when I checked maps, it didn't look like Morgantown.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flying from Cincinatti to Philadelphia recently, I looked down and noticed an interesting looking city/metro area divided by a winding river with a large and obviously developed island in the river. What city is this? I was thinking Morgantown, WV but when I checked maps, it didn't look like Morgantown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah yes, thanks. You're right. I didn't think so from the air because I couldn't make out the stadiums and never remembered this island(?), but the shape of the island on the map is exactly what I saw.

It's not an island. There are in fact two rivers, which come together to form a third. Where they come together, the land comes to a point. If you only saw that bit of it, I could see where it would resemble an island.

Here is a close-up of the spot called The Point, where the rivers meet:

point2.jpg

It's not an island. There are in fact two rivers, which come together to form a third. Where they come together, the land comes to a point. If you only saw that bit of it, I could see where it would resemble an island.

Here is a close-up of the spot called The Point, where the rivers meet:

point2.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhh The point. recently stayed at the Hilton Gateway Center at the Point and actually met Charles Barkley while staying there.

Archived