Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tombarnes

White House Hotel, Biloxi

Restoration had begun on the White House Hotei in Biloxi in 1999. Owned by James Love, the hotel had been in the process of restoration before financial difficulties delayed the completion of the project. It was to have been managed by the Sonesta Corp. if and when it ever reopened to the public. Looking at the arerial photos, it looks as though the building may have survived. I believe that most of the interior woodwork and exterior columns were in storage. Exactly where they were in storage, I can't say. Perhaps the interior fragments have now been lost. At any rate, here is the (now very outdated) website...

http://www.whitehouseonthegulf.com/

I have just spoken with someone closely acquainted with this project. The buildings survived Katrina remarkably well. It is highly likely that a project will go forward in the near future. Whether this will be a hotel, condominium or a combination of the two remains to be seen.

I have just spoken with someone closely acquainted with this project. The buildings survived Katrina remarkably well. It is highly likely that a project will go forward in the near future. Whether this will be a hotel, condominium or a combination of the two remains to be seen.

Great!

I'm glad to hear the project is going to continue.

The White House Hotel in Biloxi still sits in a state of semi-restoration/semi-decay. The city is threatening to sue owner James Love III to clean up the property. I'm hoping that something will happen soon, but the current market may not encourage lending at the moment.

The Sun Herald

iii

Something really needs to be done with this property. With Tullis-Toledano Manor now gone, this would be a great site for weddings!

Exactly. I have spoken with someone closely acquainted with the building and we may hope to see something happen within a few months. I really don't know anything more, but that there is a good possibility that the building may indeed be restored as a hotel. It would be a great place for weddings and all sorts of events. I think something will happen this time.

James Love III Has Died

James Love III, the owner of the White House Hotel has died. I never met mr. Love, but I had spoken with him on several occasions about the White House, He was always gracoius and pleasant. South Mississippi has indeed lost a remarkable entrepreneur.

The Sun Herald