Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M. Brown

New Hampshire Crime

34 posts in this topic

Police help preserve order at rowdy Manchester nightclubs

By MARK HAYWARD

Union Leader Staff

MANCHESTER - When the Omega nightclub in downtown Manchester started drawing large, rowdy crowds with a tendency to cause trouble, the club took several steps to address the problem.

Surveillance cameras went up. Bouncers started swiping IDs through hand-held computers. Finally, police brass told club manager-owner George Maroun that he had to staff the club with Manchester police on weekends

Mayor wants liquor license pulled if nightclub violence continues

By SCOTT BROOKS

Union Leader Staff

MANCHESTER

Thanks for posting that article. I think it's good what Mayor Robert Baines and the city are trying to do.

Dude I remember when this happened my junior year in 2003. They gave every single girl in Manchester Schools these blue whistles. They were annoying as hell dude. All the dudes got them and started blowing them constantly. Major headache. But anything is a help to catch this idot.

yes they think it might be the same guy. my cousin who goes to UNH now had a thing of mase

My freshman year when I went to CHS there were about 10 bomb threats. after the like the 4th one we didnt go outside anymore. Of course this was before 9/11.

Geeze, that's a lot of bombthreats. After 9/11, Columbine and Jeff Weise's massacre in Red Lake, Minnesota last year, schools are going crazy about any kinds of threats.

i even had bomb threats in middle school hillside in manchvegas we had liek 3 or 4

I went to Hillside! Was Mr Tulgrine still there? Was Miss Graveline still there? unless she got married?

Anyway at hillside we had to go home early becuase somebody broke on of the thermometers in the hallways and something was dripping out of it and they thought it was mercury so they had to like clean the whole school out. Turns out it wasnt mercury but some idiot kid i forgot his name was liking the liquid before the teachers and staff found out there was a like. Hillside was the best!