Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaxpalmer

USC Upstate

4 posts in this topic

looks like this university has a lot of potential and room to expand. :)

The University does have plenty of room to keep growing. When the renovations to 585 are complete there should be a very nice entrance into the campus. The 585 project is moving along nicely and should be completed on or before schedule.

Looks like, and is. USCS has plenty of room left to grow. They are working to build their post-bachelorate studies. I think nursing is their first area to get a masters degree. Their goal is to be the size of USC and Clemson one day.

Just take a look at the USC Upstate Master Plan.

USC Upstate continues to rake in the big donations. This time its a $4million gift to the athletics department to upgrade the Hodge Center, which is Upstate's basketball arena.

HJ Article. If Upstate is to continue to grow and become as large as they say it will, the athletics program will have to grow too. Its good to see the USC Upstate Alumni stepping up. They say the capacity will be reduced but with the renovations it will feel more like Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium, and have state-of-the-art facilities.

My guess is that the energy won't quite be at the level of Duke, but I appreciate the attitude that it takes to make that comparison. I hope Upstate can get some good recruits and start winning. I'd like to see another prominent D-1 team in SC some day.