Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chickenwing

Thornton Hall

12 posts in this topic

I am curious to see what others think about why this development seems to be a total bust, in contrast to the rest of the North Main area that seems to be in high demand.

Is this one of the new gated communities with single family homes on North Main?

I have been lurking for a while. Figured I would finally post.

I have wondered this for a while now. The property was cleared and paved in 2002. So far, they have built 3 houses, and all 3 are, or have recently been, for sale. They are in the $750K range, so I wonder if they were just too pricy for the market?

The property now looks terrible. Overgrown and unused. I would be interested if someone had some insight on the neighborhood...

Thornton Hall

I noticed it was being foreclosed on last month. It was listed with the foreclosures anyway.

The property being the road, unsold lots, and common areas.

This neighborhood is moving forward again and I believe it has been renamed 'Avondale West'. TIC properties it now running the show and there is one house being built right now. It is listed close to $600K. IMO that will be an easier price point to sell than the original $750K. I think this will be a great addition to the N. Main area, once finished.

It was developed by the same people who were trying to do Camperdown if that tells you anything.

It was developed by the same people who were trying to do Camperdown if that tells you anything.

Nice to see this development under construction again. In a beautiful setting! :thumbsup:

Drove through this development this morning and work is definitely underway on several new homes. Noticed the change of names at the entrance. Looks like it will be a quality development and good infill for the North Main area. A few photos of the entrance and clubhouse:

DSC02807.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

DSC02809.jpg