Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jfl25

road closings

4 posts in this topic

I don't know if anone has heard yet but The I-26 ramp to SC296(Reidville rd) will be closed starting sept 12 for apx 1 to 2 months.This should only effect west bound traffic coming from Columbia.Detour routes will be posted and media notification has been sent out for sometime.The closing is so construction can finish at the I-26/296 interchange.The SPUI bridge is almost completly ready and the job is ahead of schedule.This may be a inconvinence but bare with it because it will only help the area in the long run.

I made a sincere effort to not get off at that exit anyway. Its way too much trouble. Its good to know that they are starting to finish the project up though.

thanks for the notice. The jury is still out on the extra concrete beams. i guess from high up it may be Ok, but from underneath on 26 it looks like an unfinished bridge.

I agree Hub city i haven't been a fan since the first time I reveiwed the blueprints.I wish the designer would have taken a simalar aproach to the Hwy 14 bridge.