New condos

SOFIA

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday edition (sometimes it's Friday or Sunday, but usually Saturday) of the TU has a very large real estate section. Pretty much any of the new condo projects that still have vacancies will be advertizing there.

Most real estate agents won't be too helpful, because they will focus on individual re-sales within established condo complexs, rather than new construction. Developers tend to do their pre-sales in-house, or with an exclusive agency (i.e. Prudential Network Realty, etc.) so any other agents won't tell you about them.

Saturday edition (sometimes it's Friday or Sunday, but usually Saturday) of the TU has a very large real estate section. Pretty much any of the new condo projects that still have vacancies will be advertizing there.

Most real estate agents won't be too helpful, because they will focus on individual re-sales within established condo complexs, rather than new construction. Developers tend to do their pre-sales in-house, or with an exclusive agency (i.e. Prudential Network Realty, etc.) so any other agents won't tell you about them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you Captain ! How you doing? :)

I neet to invest in something like that. There is a new condo contruction behind the new mall. I don

Personally, I wouldn't. While St Johns Town Center is nice, it doesn't seem to be a good area, because overall, there isn't a boom. Let me tell you a little about my situation:

I was looking for a condo in the $160K range. I'm single and 22, so I didn't need anything huge, but I wanted 3 bedrooms. I bought a townhouse at Kernan and McCormick, and I closed with options (an I got about everything) at $176,300 in March (I previously signed a contract last September for the price). My floorplan is 1,779 A/C space, plus an attached garage. The last unit of my floorplan just went under contract last month for $225,000 (base price).

I'm not going to say that I knew my place would appreciate by 50K 6 months after closing, but I was relatively confident that I would do fairly well. I really don't see them appreciating all that much over by SJTC. I'm no expert, but that's my opinion.

If I was looking at investment property, I pick four locations: anything on the northside (north of the trout river, east of I-95), the Chaffee Road area of the Westside (away from that Oakleaf Crap), Springfield, and Murray Hill.

Archived