Post Gateway Saga Continues

joshuacc

A car was broken into in the 5th street post gateway parking deck. The victim was told that Post will not increase security or do anything for that matter. They do not hire security for parking or to protect there residents and have no plans to do so. When the management was approached saying that residents were given a false scense of security they were told that it wasn't there fault people assumed there was security.

Last two months

One person mugged and beaten in the parking deck, had to have plastic surgery.

Multiple cars vandalized one night

People pulling false fire alarms that actually led to emergency services responding to the wrong part of gateway, while somebody was lying on the ground beaten badly.

The eigth floor parking deck cars were sprayed with a fire extinguisher.

A man was caught trying to force his way into a womans apartment while she was home.

Two cars getting broken into last night in the post gateway parking deck.

These are only the things I've heard of, I wonder what else has happened.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there something about Post Gateway that attracts this kind of activity? Is their residential parking not gated like Post Uptown and Cotton Mills?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fact that there is no security has to be the reason crooks are attracted to it.

Even a few fake video camera around would help deter crimes.

The fact that there is no security has to be the reason crooks are attracted to it.

Even a few fake video camera around would help deter crimes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason there is so much crime is because people now know they can do whatever they want. After all the crime, no change in security has been made.

It's clear that the folks operating Post don't care about the safety of their residents. The only thing that would make them care is if the safety issue became a threat to their profits. It seems like all apartment complexes uptown are having an easy job of leasing and any new residents of Post would likely be unknowledgeable of the complexes nasty history. So even if Post does nothing they won't be financially affected by operating a dangerous complex, so they probably will do nothing. I think the most effective way of forcing action could be media attention to the problem, a letter to the observer or creative loafing. I know it sounds a bit clich

It's clear that the folks operating Post don't care about the safety of their residents.  The only thing that would make them care is if the safety issue became a threat to their profits.  It seems like all apartment complexes uptown are having an easy job of leasing and any new residents of Post would likely be unknowledgeable of the complexes nasty history.  So even if Post does nothing they won't be financially affected by operating a dangerous complex, so they probably will do nothing.  I think the most effective way of forcing action could be media attention to the problem, a letter to the observer or creative loafing.  I know it sounds a bit clich

I was leaving the the Gateway Y last night and thought that all of the problems that peopel post about Post Gateway probably coems from college kids or just out of college. The reason I say that is that the area bascially caters to those who live in that area. After 5 all of the businsess close except Cedar Tavern. You have muzak playing outside, it's like a mini playground. It seems quiet, not that many people outside. It's very nice.

Archived