Augusta South

DaGABoyStinger

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Groundbreaking for a South Augusta Ruby Tuesday's is scheduled for August. It would be located about 100 yards from the South Augusta Applebee's. It's also interesting to note that the South Augusta location has remained in the top 5 Applebees stores since it opened a year ago.

Also I heard from a developer there are two new housing developments underway for South Augusta. One is actually a gated community that will have home prices averaging 500,000 and it will contain about 60 homes. The other development will contain about 750 homes.

Groundbreaking for a South Augusta Ruby Tuesday's is scheduled for August. It would be located about 100 yards from the South Augusta Applebee's. It's also interesting to note that the South Augusta location has remained in the top 5 Applebees stores since it opened a year ago.

Also I heard from a developer there are two new housing developments underway for South Augusta. One is actually a gated community that will have home prices averaging 500,000 and it will contain about 60 homes. The other development will contain about 750 homes.

Gated neighborhood with $500,000 homes on the southside? Man, that's great. I wonder where they will be?

My Guess that it will be in the Goshen Plantation Area. The area seems so much of that of Columbia County, even though it's on the South side, and it already has one if not more gated communites.

Does anyone know too what's going on through McDade Rd Between Old Waynesboro and Brown Roads. There seems to be more more residential development there also the last time I rode down there. The houses there too are of a good size.

^ Goshen is my old neck of the woods. I'm not really sure what's going on. I know they're building some town homes around the Old Waynesboro/Highway 56 intersection. There is also a fair amount of contstruction going on around the Buddhist temple near Spirit Creek. Inside Goshen, it looks like they've cleared a lot of land over on the backside of the golf course and it looks that could be where the new neighborhood would go....

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I wanted to do this thread to help put this area out there. This area of Augusta is the most criticized, overlooked, ignored, and steriotized area that I have ever come to know in this city. Yeah, it maybe literally a complete OPPOSITE to the greater sprawing Columbia County, but as it turnout South Augusta has a little of charm of it own to offer next to its now increasing residential development and military settlement.

This for an example is a website on the "Augusta International Raceway", a NASCAR track. Yeah you read me right, I said NASCAR, as like the Daytona, and Atlanta. I couldn't believe this myself to read that at one point AUG had an INTERNATIONAL racetrack. Check it out here. Pictures and more could come soon, or if anyone has any good pictures of the Augusta South area, feel free to post.

Sorry it took me so long to catch up with the thread. The former road race track is still with us so plan to join us on September 9th for a day of celebration. This is a no charge event!

Let me know if you have any questions and please visit the tribute site at: www.augustainternationalraceway.com and the event site at: www.augustavintagenationals.com.

Help our non profit organization get the word out. Please Xerox a copy of the attach and take it to work.

Thanks,

eventflyer3rdannualdt5.jpg

Gated neighborhood with $500,000 homes on the southside? Man, that's great. I wonder where they will be?

That second development is going in right next to the former track at Diamond Lakes Regional Park and some of the streets will be named for former drivers of the track. Homes will be in the $175,000 range.

Thanks

^ that's interesting.

Yes, the grading has already been cut for main entrance going into the new Manchester Sub-Division. You can see this work by going into Diamond Lakes Regional Park. The new work is being done just before the old pit lane at the track.

AIRPS will dedicate two of the streets named for former Augusta drivers on September 9th! :thumbsup:

South Richmond County is on the move! :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, the grading has already been cut for main entrance going into the new Manchester Sub-Division. You can see this work by going into Diamond Lakes Regional Park. The new work is being done just before the old pit lane at the track.

AIRPS will dedicate two of the streets named for former Augusta drivers on September 9th! :thumbsup:

South Richmond County is on the move! :yahoo:

The agenda for this public no charge event here in South Augusta.

activitieskq6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My Guess that it will be in the Goshen Plantation Area. The area seems so much of that of Columbia County, even though it's on the South side, and it already has one if not more gated communites.

Does anyone know too what's going on through McDade Rd Between Old Waynesboro and Brown Roads. There seems to be more more residential development there also the last time I rode down there. The houses there too are of a good size.

you are right. i live in goshen and when i visit my friends in martinez, their neighborhoods look just like mine but for thousands of dollars more.

the villages at goshen i think is the name for the project going up. it is supposed to be townhouses going for around 200k it's supposed to be gated and mostly aiming for retirees.

• 3 weeks later...

Pic of new sub-division (Manchester) going in next to Diamond Lakes Regional Park.

daveentrance2bt3.jpg

this is the perfect plan....are yall ready? south augusta needs a interstate near like the porposed I-14,then build a mall.....Diamondlake Mall if you will.....and up-scale housing! now if all that come to pass the developers will not shy away from south Augusta. listen this is one to chew on,"west augusta developers are not only getting west augusta people money but south augusta people money too." let keep our money on our side and we will tobacco rd, windsor spring and peach orchard rd. take washington rd. place. holla back :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do realize that maybe this needs to be in it's own forum, but technically it's still Augusta South, right.

There is an article published today highlighting Burke County as the next possible "suburban flight" county.

Interesting article, and I would like to see Burke Co. start to grow a bit, especially when more higher speed highways are finished through the area.

one interesting fact too was at the bottom, when they stated that it takes the SAME amount of time to get from the Burke/Richmond border to downtown and from Greenbriar Area to Downtown. All in 27 minutes, precisely.

The only con to this article that stirs me up abit is the strong negative comment on Richmond County, but hey, at least for once they're not running to Columbia or Aiken Co.

The Article

Leave it to the Chronicle to not miss an opportunity to dog out Richmond. I'm sorry, but but Burke County....sucks. I grew up pretty close to the border and I remember we used to go to Waynesboro a lot when we were bored (15 minutes from my house to downtown Waynesboro).

It's a nice town, but to be honest, it's like moving to a town that still has all the crime and bad schools of a large city, but without any of the postive aspects of a larger city. I had to laugh when the lady talked about the thugs in Hephzibah and how they won't be out in Burke County. That was too funny. Basically, I'd rather send my kid to Butler than Burke County, and as long as that is the case, no one will be move there unless they want to hand over some cash to EBA.

At least in Columbia County you can send your kids to good schools.......

Archived