New Condo Towers for downtown?

Luca Brasi

I think pigs will fly before that ever happens, Hartford county doesn't even exist for all intents and purposes politically. Never seen anything like it myself but I guess you New Englanders are used to having town and state gov't only...i can see advantages and disadvantages to that.

LMAO. Sadly, I agree. I won't happen b/c of New England's epic - covert - prejudices (social, economic, racial, sexual, religious...).

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, that's great news for that site. It would be great if that vision comes to reality on that end of Downtown. Meanwhile on the other end, they are protesting the hight of the proposed towers on Plaza Mayor. At least that won't happen here. Who the hell would complain?

I thought the Eyesore Parcel is the 12B Parcel. Are they next to each other?

What I call the Eyesore is the building that you see on Main St. on your right as you enter downtown from the North end and pass Trubull St. 12B is directly across the street and is currently used as a surface parking lot.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like this might really be happening. Condo towers at both ends of Downtown, that's a great vision. Let's just hope it happens.

Main Street eyesore could become condos

PHOTO/COURTESY City of Hartford

This building at 1161 Main St. could become the next site for luxury condos in downtown Hartford.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Carol Latter &

Diane Weaver Dunne

[email protected]

[email protected]

boarded-up building that has served as little more than an eyesore for years may soon become the latest entry in the luxury condo market.

It may also serve as a connection between the city

This is excellent news. Property values in the adjacent areas of the North End should get a boost, and some incentive to continue improving the area. These towers should have some of the best views in town! Now if only we could bury that highway...

This is excellent news. Property values in the adjacent areas of the North End should get a boost, and some incentive to continue improving the area. These towers should have some of the best views in town! Now if only we could bury that highway...

This project along with the new Police Headquarters on Ann Street will go a long way in helping out this neighborhood. The whole area by Main, Albany and Ann has a lot of old buildings in need of some TLC.

This project along with the new Police Headquarters on Ann Street will go a long way in helping out this neighborhood. The whole area by Main, Albany and Ann has a lot of old buildings in need of some TLC.

Yeah, My favorite is the Flat Iron building, the trianlgle one that's abandoned. I hope that can be brought back to life one day, maybe as mid priced condos that will still be close to downtown and hopefully a new Arena.

I really don't know this area as well as I should. Are there a lot of historic buildings in the area that are in bad shape? I need to go on a walking tour...

I wouldn't say they are in bad shape, I would say they are in boarded up, bricked-over-windows shape. Just make a quick toot up Main ST. When you see the Arrowhead Cafe on the left (just north of that abandoned looks-like-crap building), that's the area we are ltalking about...

I wouldn't say they are in bad shape, I would say they are in boarded up, bricked-over-windows shape. Just make a quick toot up Main ST. When you see the Arrowhead Cafe on the left (just north of that abandoned looks-like-crap building), that's the area we are ltalking about...

I know Main Street fairly well, and that's in terrible shape, but are there salvagable historic buildings? I vaguely remember this Flat Iron building, but I think it had a tree growing out of the roof...

Archived