Good Charlotte Haircut

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Clips has always worked for me fine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which one? I find those to be hit and miss, but definitely okay if I just need a trim. I would love to find a good salon, but I'm tired of going to places and paying high prices when the person cutting my hair has the same cosmetology school certificate as the person at great clips--she's just paying to rent a booth there. People who work in an expensive salon should have a higher level of training and expertise than people who work at great clips.

Which one? I find those to be hit and miss, but definitely okay if I just need a trim. I would love to find a good salon, but I'm tired of going to places and paying high prices when the person cutting my hair has the same cosmetology school certificate as the person at great clips--she's just paying to rent a booth there. People who work in an expensive salon should have a higher level of training and expertise than people who work at great clips.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Honestly a person working in a higher end salon is more experienced. Great clips hires people right out of school with no actual training. Higher end salons, and even regular salons like the one I work at require more training than just a license. You don't learn much at school, on the job training is where you learn. Our people assist for a while before ever cutting or coloring a clients hair.

yea and one can pay more to get a more experienced person. What are some of the higher end salons? I am looking for one in the uptown area (maybe I should have said that in my first post)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Modern Salon in the hearst bulding is the only actual "upscale" salon. There is also uptown retreat, borealis (south end) and honestly those are the only salons I would rate well in that area.

• 1 month later...

Carmel Salon is awesome on Carmel Rd. in Matthews area......It has very comfortable chairs and very nice people, who give you hot tea. $25 for haircut.....and if you get waxed the owner does it for you...She's Persian....she knows what she's doing lol.......ask for Tommy he's the best at cutting!

Archived