Williamsburg Development

hoobo

Looks like Cheeburger Cheeburger is coming to Williamsburg. Anyone not familiar with these Nova establishments they have a great atmosphere and huge burgers. They have one burger so huge that if u eat it you get your picture on the wall (though most probably just wind up in the hospital :lol: ) "

RRMM Design Build of Norfolk has been awarded the contract to construct the first Hampton Roads location of the Cheeburger Cheeburger Restaurant at New Town in Williamsburg. The 2,900-square-foot restaurant has a nostalgic retro look using stainless steel, glass block and neon lighting."

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like Cheeburger Cheeburger is coming to Williamsburg. Anyone not familiar with these Nova establishments they have a great atmosphere and huge burgers. They have one burger so huge that if u eat it you get your picture on the wall (though most probably just wind up in the hospital :lol: ) "

RRMM Design Build of Norfolk has been awarded the contract to construct the first Hampton Roads location of the Cheeburger Cheeburger Restaurant at New Town in Williamsburg. The 2,900-square-foot restaurant has a nostalgic retro look using stainless steel, glass block and neon lighting."

Cool, I will eventually have to go up there and try it with the family. Haven't been up in Willamsburg in a while and its about time to go again. When are they suppose to be open?

Nova establishment? Arent' they all over the country and based in Florida? I know there's 2, soon to be 3 in [R-word].

I wasn't really referring to where they were from, just where i've seen them. I've seen more than a few up there but almost none in the rest of Virginia (at least where I travel). Good to know there's some in R-word too though. You just had to get in your plug didn't you Coupe? :lol:

• 1 month later...

Tourism Falls Dramatically in Williamsburg

It would appear that a visit to Williamsburg is not on everyone's mind these days. While the trend is evident elsewhere, it's a critical problem for Williamsburg. Without tourist $$$, Williamsburg will be in deep trouble.

Article from the Virginian Pilot

:lol: Well hopefully they could cover up some of those parking lots with desnse housing, etc. I don't think all the parking lots are just for this project, I think they may already exist. Could be wrong though, I must admit i've only been to Williamsburg a couple of times.

r.e. Williamsburg New Town

If you haven't visited this project yet, do so, it's impressive. It looks like a lot of parking on the map, but it's nicely hidden behind the roadways and shop frontages, so you really don't notice it. Also, the divergent angles of the streets, along with some varied elevations, give the feeling that reminds me of some towns I've seen in rural Europe. It's on a smaller scale than Port Warwick, and more homogeneous. This is a pretty good design model for what is being planned for Kempsville, which will be on an even smaller scale.

Don't know what's hurting the colonial capital; maybe it's cheaper to go to Europe nowadays and visit some real antiquities. The place is beautiful, but it could use some more horses and livestock and in general, a hell of a lot more excitement. Even the students at Wm & Mary complain about having nothing to do there. But then...ther'es Pierce's BarBQ. Why can't we have THAT on the Southside?

Edited by Padman

r.e. Williamsburg New Town

If you haven't visited this project yet, do so, it's impressive. It looks like a lot of parking on the map, but it's nicely hidden behind the roadways and shop frontages, so you really don't notice it. Also, the divergent angles of the streets, along with some varied elevations, give the feeling that reminds me of some towns I've seen in rural Europe. It's on a smaller scale than Port Warwick, and more homogeneous. This is a pretty good design model for what is being planned for Kempsville, which will be on an even smaller scale.

Don't know what's hurting the colonial capital; maybe it's cheaper to go to Europe nowadays and visit some real antiquities. The place is beautiful, but it could use some more horses and livestock and in general, a hell of a lot more excitement. Even the students at Wm & Mary complain about having nothing to do there. But then...ther'es Pierce's BarBQ. Why can't we have THAT on the Southside?

Oh Pierce's :) I drive by it every day on the way to Bruton, gotta love that.

I think that Williamsburg needs more general variety in its attractions and I agree with Rus, better marketing, but at least they're really starting to work on that and hopefully this year it'll begin to turn around. We'll see...

As far as the W+M kids... having gone to a few of their parties, I concur, they need more because they're kind of boring. I'm not saying turn it into glitzy hardcore partying nightlife, but give them more restaurants, maybe a club or two or lounges OUTSIDE the immediate city area. Nightclubs and elderly tourists don't mix well....

That's really an amazing school. Better than UVA if you ask me. I wish I had applied there ... (sigh)... water under the bridge...

Its too bad we can't call HR 8-cities like we do 7-cities. It doesn't have that phonetic alliteration. A pity. I do love Williamsburg even if I hate hate hate Busch Gardens/Water Country.

I use to party up there and it was ok. Better parties at ODU! All they have are the Deli's there and they are ok but not the best.

I went to ODU also. ODU is a dry campus too, right? Speaking of deli's. ODU had some of the best...West Side Wine Shop (RIP :cry: ) and Bazermore's Friendly Market (RIP :cry: ) Both have since closed. West Side was on the opposite side of the shops with Grey's Pharmacy (which has been around since like the '50's) and Bazemore's close for unfortunate financial reasons. Bazemore' was at the foot of the Lafyette Bridge.

Do you ODU guys remember them?

That's really an amazing school. Better than UVA if you ask me. I wish I had applied there ... (sigh)... water under the bridge...

Its too bad we can't call HR 8-cities like we do 7-cities. It doesn't have that phonetic alliteration. A pity. I do love Williamsburg even if I hate hate hate Busch Gardens/Water Country.

I like W&M too. It's cozy, really picturesque, and the alma mater of the guy who founded my alma mater. As much fun as it was going there as a 17-year-old for W&M new recruiting ploy the leadership award and having the luck of being put up in a frat house for a couple days (administration may say it's dry but the kegs say otherwise), W&M is still not better than UVa. They may be almost on par in terms of academics, but not in sports, the hotness of girls, or party scene. And per capita, no town in VA comes close to Cville in number of good restaurants and coffeehouses (excluding Starbucks).

And what's wrong with Busch Gardens? It's by far the best overall amusement park in the world. If you're just about rollercoasters then yeah, BG doesn't compare to Cedar Point or Magic Mountain.

I just dont like amusement parks. And while UVA has a good academic program, WM seems like a much better academic environment. Maybe its because it doesn't have that popped collar frat boy culture that is so ubiquitous at UVA. Don't get me wrong, I like Cville and UVA, but I'd choose WM in a heartbeat. WM to me is classier without the the amt of snobbiness you find at UVA/cville.

The reputation exists only because outsiders want it to exist. I went there thinking it all I'd find are beemer-driving, AF-wearing spoiled kids. But once you're there, you find that most kids are just average real people. I even found normal people from NoVa.

lol well its not like ive never been. ive gone to see friends quite a few times actually and my friends, god bless them, are great people but man they can be such elitists. that it's a relatively recent development makes me wonder about the environment there.

See, there you go again labeling us elitists. We're not elitists; we're just comfortable with the fact that we're better than you. :D