hoobo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes,

Apparently, the owners had to leave town because of a family illness for an extended period of time. While they were gone they left the management of the shop to someone else. They basically destroyed from the inside.

Bazemore's was always known for it's unique/speciatly foods and products. While the owners were away, the product selection became less specialty and more run-o-the-mill and they started losing there customer base. By the time the owners cames back Bazemore's reputation was gone and there solid customer base dwindled, unable to recover.

It's a shame. That place was great and they had some great food at there deli. I went there many a time while attending ODU.

Do you guys remember West Side Wine Shop, too?

Edited by metalman

I drove through the New Town developement yesterday and I actually was impressed.. I was a little skeptical about it since JCC and Williamsburg have sprawled out immensly, but this project definitely has a good mix of residential and retail, more so than Port Warwick. they have a 12 screen movie theatre, billiard hall, several restaraunts, civilian services (law office, insurance, bank, travel agent) ect

I drove through the New Town developement yesterday and I actually was impressed.. I was a little skeptical about it since JCC and Williamsburg have sprawled out immensly, but this project definitely has a good mix of residential and retail, more so than Port Warwick. they have a 12 screen movie theatre, billiard hall, several restaraunts, civilian services (law office, insurance, bank, travel agent) ect

I still haven't taken the family up there. I need to go and make a day out of it. I like Willamsburg. :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Resort planned near colonial williamsburg

Colonial Penniman LLC plans to build 400 timeshares on 18 acres at the corner of Page and Penniman Streets, according to site plans the company submitted to the city this week. The Colonial Capitol Inn, which is on that land, would be replaced by six four-story buildings. The group also plans to renovate the Patrick Henry Inn on York Street, converting the two hotel buildings to timeshare suites. That will add about 90 or 100 more timeshares to the resort, group spokesman Jim Bennett said Thursday.