Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLman1

Columbus Population Explosion

11 posts in this topic

Here is an article I read in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution about Columbus's growth with Fort Benning.

Four-year influx fueled by military transfers

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 09/09/05

Do not post entire articles, link to them!

I read that today too. Awesome news for Columbus! I would imagine 26,000 new residents will have a HUGE impact in the local economy,as the article indicates.

1 person likes this

Big business for the ladys of Columbus - the strip clubs will be packed...

Columbus continues to grow with an additional 1,700 evacuees calling Columbus home. Many of the people plan to live in Columbus permanently.

The new projections have 31,000 new residents coming by 2008 with Fort Bennings expansion.

Here is an article on Fort Bennings new housing from the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.

Post's housing plan ready to go

Do not post articles. Link to them!

I wish thie topic had a different title (leaving off the 'explosion' just to discuss population changes over time. But regardless, search for local news of the 2009 population estimates, found the attached was posted on Troup County's website. Shows population change on the Georgia side of the market grew faster than the Alabama side (aka Lee County). The first time I remember that happening in a while...

COLAEconomicRegionPops.pdf

1 person likes this

Columbus could be come the next Atlanta

Don't hold your breath. Columbus doesn't have the resources nor the demand to facilitate that kind of growth and development. At the MOST Columbus could only hope to become like Montgomery, Mobile, or even Charlotte, NC... if you want to initiate some wishful thinking.

I wish thie topic had a different title (leaving off the 'explosion' just to discuss population changes over time. But regardless, search for local news of the 2009 population estimates, found the attached was posted on Troup County's website. Shows population change on the Georgia side of the market grew faster than the Alabama side (aka Lee County). The first time I remember that happening in a while...

Great info! We need your help on citydata.com!!!