Departure : Girona Barcelona GRO 2005

Arrival : Paris Beauvais BVA 2150

Flight Time : about 2 hours

Pricing

Base Fare : EUR 14.99

Taxes, Fees, Charges : EUR 11.29

Insurance, Wheelchair Levy : EUR 3.28

Total : EUR 29.56

My friends and I flew into Barcelona from Brussels, and decided to fly back to Paris because the cheap fares to Brussels had disappeared while I could still find specials going to Paris. This worked perfectly since we had to fly home from Paris anyway, so it saved us another trip on the Thalys train had we flown back to Brussels instead.

Girona is about an hour away from Barcelona. There is a shuttle bus from Barcelona's bus station. Here is a view of the buses :

RIMG0494.JPG

Girona is a very quiet airport. It is also Ryanair's main hub.

RIMG0497.JPG

RIMG0499.JPG

RIMG0501.JPG

RIMG0504.JPG

Interestingly, I didn't see a single Iberia airplane here.

RIMG0503.JPG

Walking towards the aircraft.

RIMG0507.JPG

RIMG0508.JPG

Takeoff

RIMG0511.JPG

RIMG0512.JPG

RIMG0514.JPG

The flight time of about 2 hours was quite long given the Brussels - Barcelona flight was only an hour and a half and the distance is farther.

RIMG0515.JPG

RIMG0516.JPG

RIMG0518.JPG

RIMG0520.JPG

RIMG0521.JPG

RIMG0523.JPG

RIMG0524.JPG

RIMG0525.JPG

RIMG0526.JPG

RIMG0527.JPG

RIMG0528.JPG

RIMG0529.JPG

It was a full flight.

RIMG0531.JPG

Baggage reclaim at Beauvais

RIMG0533.JPG

From Beauvais, we had to take another shuttle bus for about an hour to reach Porte Maillot in the western outskirts of Paris, where we took the Metro back to our hostel.

Thoughts

Ryanair's flight attendants are fast and efficient. They get their job done well. While there are no free food and entertainment, it was a short flight so it's endurable. I shouldn't expect much more for the bargain price I paid, although I have seen 1 EUR base fares before on that route.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived