Downtown Newport News

juancapitalcitydc

East End on the Rise

Newport News economic development officials are looking for someone to develop a small industrial and business park in the East End.

The project is aimed at stimulating job growth in a new industrial park that city leaders have spent years cobbling together through separate land purchases.

Now the Newport News Industrial Development Authority has put out a request for developers to bring the city proposals on how the 14.4-acre site -- between 29th and 33rd streets, and Terminal and Jefferson avenues -- should be developed.

I know it's industrial, but at least they're trying to brign more jnobs to that area.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newport news needs a downtown like richmond or norfolk's will look like soon. why isn't anyone building towers there?

Congrads on the development in y'alls east end!

Newport news is working on city center right now and there are plans for the east end or DT.

This has been discussed before in several threads concerning City Center and the traditional DT in Newport News. I think right now, Newport News should continue with the momentum it has started in the Midtown area (CNU, City Center, Port Warwick, etc). This area is literally in the middle of the Peninsula and easily accessible from the Coleman bridge, the James River Bridge and both tunnels more or less in equal times and distance. Over time, I feel that the traditional DT area will rebound, but not for a while

Archived