peaceloveunderstanding

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eastover

Population: 2,227

Median Household Income: $200,854

Average House Value: $709,479

So is Eastover the most wealthiest city neighborhood in NC? Looks like it to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moonshield what is the zip code of the area you reference? Is that one neighborhood, ie subdivison or is this an area?

its one neighborhood, a few of the higher ups in the Banks have houses in there as well as many of the Charlotte elite.

The zip code is 28207, but the zip code spreads into a less wealthy neighborhood as well.

The following link has a little map of it, and some of the details which I have already expounded upon.

http://ww.charmeck.org/qol/template.asp?id=62

Nevermind, I found where this area could be.....

It must be located in Census Tract 28.

Per the census bureau the area in dark green south of Randolph, east and north of Providence Rd and west of Briar Creek is the most affluent area in Mecklenburg county, North Carolina.

42154446.gif

The Census Bureau list the average household income for this area as $200,001.

This is the census bureaus way of saying that this location is classified super-rich. For comparative purposes, parts of Greenwich, Connecticut, Palm Beach, FL, Beverly Hills Ca and Atlanta (Buckhead), Ga share this same designation.

Moonshield you can tell me if this is the area you were referencing.

• 2 months later...

you guys kill me with average prices of homes. That has nothing to do with wealth.

um... it has something to do with wealth. One may be a person who lives beneath one's means in much less house than one can afford ("one" being the operative number-- not many folks like that in this culture...), but one is precluded from living in a house that is priced above one's ability to pay. And since for most Americans a home is their single largest investment, housing price is a not perfect but pretty good indicator of wealth.

• 1 month later...

27614 is one of the 'wealthiest' zipcodes in NC, it starts around raven ridge road in north raleigh off falls of the neuse, and stretches up to wakefield. it borders falls lake, and the land is in the watershed, so lots are required to be atleast 1 acre. that means lots alone cost atleast a hundred grand... i grew up out there, but we were just 'average' people with a $300,000 house, not one of the multimillion dollar mcmansions.

Wilmington- Landfall, Figure 8 Island.

Average HH income (2002) for Landfall $158,167.00 (census tract)

27614 is one of the 'wealthiest' zipcodes in NC, it starts around raven ridge road in north raleigh off falls of the neuse, and stretches up to wakefield. it borders falls lake, and the land is in the watershed, so lots are required to be atleast 1 acre. that means lots alone cost atleast a hundred grand... i grew up out there, but we were just 'average' people with a $300,000 house, not one of the multimillion dollar mcmansions.

Average HH icome $134,569.00 for Zip 27614, Raleigh, NC

I gues MJ and Eddie Van Halen have kept Landfall's homeowner's avg yearly salary above the 100K mark.

I gues MJ and Eddie Van Halen have kept Landfall's homeowner's avg yearly salary above the 100K mark.

No home on Figuire 8 sells for less tyhan $800,000.

I guess Micahael Jordan and Eddie Van Halen have kept Landfall's homeowner's avg yearly salary above the 100K mark.

No home on Figuire 8 sells for less tyhan $800,000.

Average HH income (2002) for Landfall $158,167.00 (census tract)

Average HH icome $134,569.00 for Zip 27614, Raleigh, NC

27614 includes nearly all of Wakefield (thousands of homes from apartments to multi-million $ mansions), just not the estates side where home prices start around a million. i wonder what zipcode in nc has the highest HH income relative to population. Meaning... a zip with hh income of $150,000 but only a thousand residents is not going to pack the same punch as one with $130,000 and 20,000 residents.

Eastover

Population: 2,227

Median Household Income: $200,854

Average House Value: $709,479

So is Eastover the most wealthiest city neighborhood in NC? Looks like it to me.

There is the town of Eastover in Cumberland County, northeast of Fayetteville. Of course, this is not what we're talking about here. :P

• 1 month later...

In regards to Charlotte's wealthiest area's, I would have to say the area's all up/down Providence Rd, Selwyn, Eastover, Queens Rd., Myers Park, and many areas of southeast Charlotte(however, many are McMansions with no landouts worth a crap). Living in Charlotte since my birth, I know many people there. I usually don't talk about other people's wealth, however, many of the wealthiest people I know(3-40+ mil.) live in 3 main areas. The first being the Myers Park and Eastover areas in old, yet excelently crafted housed on fitting plots of land. The second being on private coves on the coasts of the two big lakes in proximity to Charlotte(Wylie, Norman). The third, and my personal preference, being country estates on the outskirts of southeast Charlotte(mainly Union County). Most of these estates can barely be seen from the road, some of them so far back on the land and hidden behind large gates they aren't seen unless you drive about 1/4 mil. down the tree-lined drives. Just my personal accounts, and by the way I enjoy the side and am glad to be a new member.

In Fayetteville there is a Neighborhood called Kingsford. It's off McPherson Church Road. Then there is a rich neighborhood behind the Omni theatre on Sycamore Dairy Road. Then one off Reaford Road besides the All-American Freeway. I'm not sure which is the richest, but all the houses are HUGE in these places.

When I first came to Charlotte I got lost and ended up driving down Queens Road. The neighborhood was quite impressive.

The Myers Park and Eastover area (28207) is the most wealthy per capita in the Carolinas. The number 1 Republican contribution area in NC and number 2 Democrat contribution zip code area. I saw this in the Observer during the 2004 election.

Archived