PROPOSED: Parcel 12 (Triangle Parcel)

The Providence Redevelopment Agency has parcel 12 on it's agenda for tomorrows meeting. I believe Carpionato has purchase this site. This is the parcel near Kennedy Plaza and has been discribed as a problem site because of the water which use to run underneath it. Much more money would have to be spent for a underground garage.

http://204.17.96.6/omfiling/pdffiles/notic.../2005/10825.pdf

http://www.carpionatoproperties.com/propsp...ot-10102&Type=2

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It mentions landscaping, sculpture placement, and the purchase and sale of Parcel 12. Could be something, doesn't sound like much though.

I'm more interested in what parcel's 1a and 1b are in the Promenade... Apparently the city owns them... Providence 2020 projects???

Has there been or would there ever be any proposals for the MetroPark lot between North Main and Canal Street right by the abandoned tunnel portal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that's where 10 Park Row was proposed. I don't see any reason why something wouldn't be proposed there at some point, but I don't know of any current proposals. I'm actually surprised RISD hasn't scooped it up.

It mentions landscaping, sculpture placement, and the purchase and sale of Parcel 12. Could be something, doesn't sound like much though.

I'm more interested in what parcel's 1a and 1b are in the Promenade... Apparently the city owns them... Providence 2020 projects???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where is parcel 1a & b? I thought 1 was either the masonic temple building or the land where the state employee's credit union is. I don't think any area in the promenade comes under capital center. I don't recall JPI/Jefferson apts going before the Capital Center Commission.

Where is parcel 1a & b? I thought 1 was either the masonic temple building or the land where the state employee's credit union is. I don't think any area in the promenade comes under capital center. I don't recall JPI/Jefferson apts going before the Capital Center Commission.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, I just found my list of parcels in capital center. Parcel 1 is at the corners of Memerial Blvd and Exchange Sts where GTECH was suppose to develop a hotel with Marsella Development Corp. The temple is parcel 14 and the state employees credit union is parcel 15. Parcels 4 is next to the Citizens Bank building.

Ok, I just found my list of parcels in capital center. Parcel 1 is at the corners of Memerial Blvd and Exchange Sts where GTECH was suppose to develop a hotel with Marsella Development Corp. The temple is parcel 14 and the state employees credit union is parcel 15. Parcels 4 is next to the Citizens Bank building.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there a complete list of the parcels around? Or better yet, a map?

Liam

Ok, I just found my list of parcels in capital center. Parcel 1 is at the corners of Memerial Blvd and Exchange Sts where GTECH was suppose to develop a hotel with Marsella Development Corp...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hum, isn't that interesting...

- Garris

You don't remember this story? GTECH pulled back because of all the hotel projects happening downcity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I remember quite well. That's why I find it interesting that it's on the agenda for the meeting.

- Garris

What agenda? What meeting? I mentioned parcel 12 being discussed at a meeting Monday, not parcel 1.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the PDF you posted yesterday, it's under item 20 "Promenade." Authorization to sell without restrictions...

- Garris

• 4 weeks later...

Marsella Development owns Parcel 1 at Union Station (surface parking lot in front of Capital Grille). Had completed plans to build a hotel (with GTECH as a limited partner - not a controlling partner). Marsella made the decision to back out - not GTECH - after the State started to consider financing a hotel by Vinnie Mesollela.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frankie, any chance of you scanning or otherwise sharing the list of Parcels? I can't find a list anywhere online.

Frankie, any chance of you scanning or otherwise sharing the list of Parcels?  I can't find a list anywhere online.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but I don't have the complete list. But here is what I have.

Parcel 1 Exchange Terrace Union Station Complex

Parcel 2 Waterplace East end ( Intercontinetial )

Parcel 3 ??? Citizens Bank ???

Parcel 4 Park Row West & Stillman St next to Citizen's Bank Tower

Parcel 5 Unknown

Parcel 6 Canal St & Park Row West

Parcel 7 Unknown

Parcel 8 Unknown

Parcel 9 Waterplace West end ( GTECH )

Parcel 10 Unknown

Parcel 11 Westin Hotel/Second tower

Parcel 12 Exchange & Memorial Blvd ( Carpionato )

Parcel 13 Unknown

Parcel 14 Masonic Temple

Parcel 15 RI Credit Union

Sorry, but I don't have the complete list. But here is what I have.

Parcel 1  Exchange Terrace Union Station Complex

Parcel 2  Waterplace  East end ( Intercontinetial )

Parcel 3  ??? Citizens Bank ???

Parcel 4  Park Row West & Stillman St  next to Citizen's Bank Tower

Parcel 5  Unknown

Parcel 6  Canal St & Park Row West

Parcel 7  Unknown

Parcel 8  Unknown

Parcel 9  Waterplace  West end ( GTECH )

Parcel 10 Unknown

Parcel 11 Westin Hotel/Second tower

Parcel 12 Exchange & Memorial Blvd ( Carpionato )

Parcel 13 Unknown

Parcel 14 Masonic Temple

Parcel 15 RI Credit Union

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome Thanks!

Great job Reccia!!!!! But one parcel needs to be added. Parcel 15 is the RI Employees Credit Union at the corner of Smith & Francis Sts. You do not have a listing for a parcel 8 and you do not have a parcel number for the gateway building. Could they be one in the same?

Yeah it says parcel 8 is the gateway building; thats the one right next to the train station that we all hate right? I'll add in that one and RI Credit Union-at first I didnt think it would fit but you can see up in the top corner.

Archived