PROPOSED: Parcel 12 (Triangle Parcel)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

In the business section of this Sunday's journal, there was a story about so-called "life centers" which ended with a comment regarding Carpionato's plans for a 15 story high end hotel/condo complex on the "triangular parcel" across from the Post Office. It was a very brief mention, but a mention nonetheless.

In the business section of this Sunday's journal, there was a story about so-called "life centers" which ended with a comment regarding Carpionato's plans for a 15 story high end hotel/condo complex on the "triangular parcel" across from the Post Office. It was a very brief mention, but a mention nonetheless.

• 8 months later...

How long does Carpionato have to hold onto the building rights of Parcel 12? Is there a time limit imposed by the Capital Center Commission for develpoment? Can we get a real developer to do something here? Maybe someone from out of state with no political connections.

In the meantime can they cut the grass and get the rusty whatever out of there?

Well that is progress then. Now if they are not going to build anything in the next year or two how about some benches and trees. Maybe some flowers planted there from the Downtown Improvement Group.

I know they still show something on their website but when will that happen. Or what is their intention with that land?

once the Dunk is completed.. then hopefully we will attract more conventions which will fill our new hotels.. and maybe that increase will speed up their move to build a nice tall hotel here.. a nice tall Four Seasons. A nice tall Four Seasons with a Restaurant on the top floor. A nice tall Four Seasons with on-site parking to increase the height.. nice

I have to wonder if there is still a need for a hotel on this site. Since this was announced (800 years ago), we've added on to the Westin, opened the Masonic Temple, and have proposals/construction imminent on Hotel Sierra, Hampton Inn, 4 Points Sheraton, and there is talk that Carpionato themselves may build a Holiday Inn at the Fruit and Produce site.

ETA: Other hotels proposed at Dynamo House, maybe ALCO, and perhaps the Foundry...

It would be nice to see an office building at this location, of course unless Carcieri pulls some really nice stimulus package out of his ass tonight, I don't see that happening anytime soon. I won't be preparing for the pigs to fly out my ass tonight.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what the plans are for the final parcels in Capital Center? I want to say there are only three left counting the triangle parcel 12.

Have the other two been sold yet? I don't see how anything will ever be built on this parcel with the pie shape and high water table.

So if nothing how about a park with benches, flower beds, trees and grass to sit on during lunch hour. It would make a nice resting place between the financial district and the mall for those who make that walk in the warmer weather.

Archived