PROPOSED: Parcel 12 (Triangle Parcel)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would this InterContinential Hotel be different from the other twon tower InterContinential Hotel under construction across the river (other than location)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Waterplace? That's not a hotel, that's condos. The developer is called Intercontinental, but is unrelated to the hotel Intercontinental.

Oops... for some reason I thought the InterContinential condo project also had a hotel component and then with both having the same name I thought there might have been some connection.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even though there are only two buildings being erected now, there is room for 2 or 3 more buildings in the future, possibly a hotel or office building. The developer has hinted that this may come if the market calls for it. But with all the hotels coming....................

Oops... for some reason I thought the InterContinential condo project also had a hotel component and then with both having the same name I thought there might have been some connection.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Phase 2 of Waterplace could have a hotel, though at the rate hotel proposals are arriving, I doubt there will be a need for another hotel at that point. The mayor wants Phase 2 to be offices.

I ended up drinking with an associate of Carpionato last night who assured me that this project is a go. Expect an annoucement within weeks with an April groundbreaking. Parking will be over at parcel 1 because of the problems with the soil that we all know about. God my head hurts. I took one for the team to get this info :blush:

God my head hurts. I took one for the team to get this info  :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good work! :alc:

Are we expecting a garage for Parcel 1? That lot is already pretty full most days, it wouldn't be able to support hotel parking as is. It would be truly awesome to see Parcel 12 and Parcel 1 both developed, even if one gets little more than a parking garage.

I didn't even think to ask  :(    As it turns out this person is from the Cotuit area and his family owns many motels/hotels down the cape, which is why Carpionato recruited him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should always carry a list of prepared questions .... just in case!!

:D

He didn't happen to mention height, did he?

- Garris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, this guy was the kind of fast talking person who only wants to present their side of the story and you have to fight to get a word in edge wise. He did say that they just had a meeting over this project and it was a go.

The Westin site is actually a bit smaller than Parcel 12, and the Westin tower will be only a little more than half of it's site.

Parcel12.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see that now from the picture. But with the same number of rooms, parking, and retail why is the Westin 31 floors and this proposal 15...that's double the size. I am working on confirming the number and maybe a rendering.

I see that now from the picture. But with the same number of rooms, parking, and retail why is the Westin 31 floors and this proposal 15...that's double the size. I am working on confirming the number and maybe a rendering.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frankie's drinking buddy says parking will be off-site on Parcel 1, so there goes, what 6, 7 floors. Westin is also a convention center hotel, so it has a lot of meeting rooms, Parcel 12 won't need that. Westin 2 also supposedly has office space within, so knock out a few more floors.

I actually think most of the new Westin rooms will be in the 14 story structure on the Memorial Blvd. side, so the Westin 2, as far as the hotel is concerned, is only 14 stories, on a portion of a smaller site than Parcel 12.

But as far as the 15 floors go for Parcel 12, sounds as if they're still sussing out the condo demand, so it could go higher or lower depending on what they find.

Even though there are only two buildings being erected now, there is room for 2 or 3 more buildings in the future, possibly a hotel or office building. The developer has hinted that this may come if the market calls for it. But with all the hotels coming....................

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, this new (parcel12) Intercontinental proposal shows that some people still believe we can support 200 more rooms.. so my question is-->what made the (parcel 2)

Interncontinental Group decide to hold off on a hotel when we are getting more hotel proposals elsewhere???

well, this new (parcel12) Intercontinental proposal shows that some people still believe we can support 200 more rooms.. so my question is-->what made the (parcel 2) Interncontinental Group decide to hold off on a hotel when we are getting more hotel proposals elsewhere???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a lot of porposals for hotels floating around out there. The Parcel 2 folks can sit back and make their money on their condos and watch what happens. When it's clear which proposals are actually going to come to pass, then they can decide what best to do as a Phase II.

I ended up drinking with an associate of Carpionato last night who assured me that this project is a go. Expect an annoucement within weeks with an April groundbreaking. Parking will be over at parcel 1 because of the problems with the soil that we all know about. God my head hurts. I took one for the team to get this info :blush:

http://www.pbn.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/116897

• 1 month later...

i was wondering if anyone knew any new info on this proposal... it seemed solid weeks ago but now im just concerned.. :( .. well anyways i had an idea on what would look great on this parcel being a triangular lot, i think something in the lines of the Transamerica Pyramid in SF would look amazing. it would bring another dimension to the skyline... well give me your thoughts.

i was wondering if anyone knew any new info on this proposal... it seemed solid weeks ago but now im just concerned.. :( .. well anyways i had an idea on what would look great on this parcel being a triangular lot, i think something in the lines of the Transamerica Pyramid in SF would look amazing. it would bring another dimension to the skyline... well give me your thoughts.

Their website has nothing new...in fact an old rendering of a 17 story building. I have not been able to get any info from them in weeks. Maybe they will sell- that would be a great site for any new Citizen's HQ...25+ floors perhaps??

• 3 weeks later...

Their website has nothing new...in fact an old rendering of a 17 story building. I have not been able to get any info from them in weeks. Maybe they will sell- that would be a great site for any new Citizen's HQ...25+ floors perhaps??

Its me again...any word at all on this project?...still an obsolete version on the Carpionato website.

Archived