Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Celeste

W Hotels in Atlanta.

Okay, I was perusing Emporis and I was intrigued by some information regarding new developments of the W Hotel in Atlanta.

We all know about the W Atlanta at Perimeter Center.

I was intrigued because based on Emporis there are several W developments proposed for the immediate Atlanta area.

1. There's the W Hotel and Condos proposed at 45 Allen Plaza rising 24 stories.

2. There's the W Condos proposed in Buckhead to rise 18 stories.

but then there is

3. There's the W Hotel proposed at Lenox Rd in Buckhead at 38 stories tall.

When did #3 come in get proposed? Does anyone have renderings? Is W Condos under the same umbrella as W Hotels? That's alot of W's proposed at once. Maybe I was asleep at the wheel because I didn't know that they were proposing a 38 story building.

You know, I had heard about the first two. I believe I mentioned them in my Atlanta Projects Index (BTW: I consider it to be a jok of an index, though). The one at Lenox is new to me, though.

Anyways, I certainly like the idea behind these projects. We certainly seem to be going through a residential boom here in Atlanta.

I'm guessing they are run by the same people because Google took me to the same website when I searched them.

but then there is

When did #3 come in get proposed? Does anyone have renderings? Is W Condos under the same umbrella as W Hotels? That's alot of W's proposed at once. Maybe I was asleep at the wheel because I didn't know that they were proposing a 38 story building.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was proposed about 2 years ago when they tore down Lenox Inn. Construction was supposed to start last year. W Buckhead is a 225 room hotel. I don't think it's one of the hybrid properties.

AFAIK, the hybrid hotels are under the same umbrella as the traditional hotels.

Newnan, W is a chain of "fashionable" hotels found in most large cities. W Hotels They're quite nice actually. I like them mainly because they stock Bliss Spa products for guests. :P

I've never heard of a W Hotel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go to the Perimeter area. There is one off the Interstate behind the Cheescake/Maggianos area. They are sweet !!! Just bring a lot of money because they are not cheap !!!.

Very Feng Shui.

B)

A2

Okay, I was perusing Emporis and I was intrigued by some information regarding new developments of the W Hotel in Atlanta.

I was intrigued because based on Emporis there are several W developments proposed for the immediate Atlanta area.

but then there is

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#2 and #3 were proposed at the same time and they have already bought the property across from Lenox mall on Lenox Rd. The W condos are suppose to be behind the W Hotel. This came out almost two years ago.

Just an update on W. We all know that the W downtown is rising. The Sheraton Colony Square in Midtown will be converted to a W as well. However, the W Buckhead (former site of the Lenox Inn) is being held up by a very stubborn Firestone Tire store that does not want to give up its location. W needs the Firestone for additional parking space for the proposed 38-story W Buckhead Hotel and Residences.

That Firestone is becoming out-of-place in a quickly urbanizing Buckhead. A 38-story new tower on that site sure would be nice!

Just an update on W. We all know that the W downtown is rising. The Sheraton Colony Square in Midtown will be converted to a W as well. However, the W Buckhead (former site of the Lenox Inn) is being held up by a very stubborn Firestone Tire store that does not want to give up its location. W needs the Firestone for additional parking space for the proposed 38-story W Buckhead Hotel and Residences.

That Firestone is becoming out-of-place in a quickly urbanizing Buckhead. A 38-story new tower on that site sure would be nice!

but then there is