701 Church Street

715nchurch

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that the old folks home?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no. it'll be across 10th from the edwin towers building as kind of a sister project to 715 n church. i think the fourth ward neighborhood asked for this to be a shorter, less dense project, but i'm not sure how it turned out.

no.  it'll be across 10th from the edwin towers building as kind of a sister project to 715 n church.  i think the fourth ward neighborhood asked for this to be a shorter, less dense project, but i'm not sure how it turned out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that was a particularly nasty Friends of Fourth Ward meeting. People standing up and calling the Blvd Company guys liars and whatnot during their presentation. Apparently there's history between some residents of 715 N Church and BC (715nchurch probably knows what I'm talking about). I wanted to leave the room.

At any rate, they wanted to do five stories, with the tallest facade fronting Church St, then the building stepping down toward the back of the block to lessen the impact on the neighborhood, but said that they may be willing to take it down to four floors. Regardless, the renderings they showed were beautiful. They called it "Collegiate Gothic" and admitted they copied The Poplar and it looked very much like it. Not like a faux version, but like it really was built in the 20's. Hopefully it comes out half as nice.

200 W 10th street condos look pretty nice. It is a 4 story l-shaped building with secured parking. A 900 sq ft condo is around 300k. The largest is around 1300 sq ft and is 530k. Kind of wish the building had a rooftop terrace but it doesn't, but condos has small patios.

They seem kind of pricey...good luck to Blvd co...the list I saw had only 3 reserved condos so far

• 1 month later...

200 W 10th street condos look pretty nice. It is a 4 story l-shaped building with secured parking. A 900 sq ft condo is around 300k. The largest is around 1300 sq ft and is 530k. Kind of wish the building had a rooftop terrace but it doesn't, but condos has small patios.

They seem kind of pricey...good luck to Blvd co...the list I saw had only 3 reserved condos so far

OMG! I assume those units come with a maid. I can't see people paying that PSF. Insane.

ouch that is high, especially with no full balconies or rooftop terrace.

it does make some sense for the north church street to have high values... but that sounds quite high.

i wonder if now that they are marketing it, and including it on their website that they have refined the pricing more.

ouch that is high, especially with no full balconies or rooftop terrace.

it does make some sense for the north church street to have high values... but that sounds quite high.

i wonder if now that they are marketing it, and including it on their website that they have refined the pricing more.

The Boulevard Co. has always, as far as I can tell, been aggressive about their pricing. Their inventory tends to stay on the market longer because of it.

This is barely more per sq. ft. than 400 N. Church (though I do like the location off 400NC better), and seems to have a little higher grade interior features, most noticebly solid-core doors......this is priced lower than The Ratcliffe, which has worse views. I do believe that N. Church is slowly developing into a luxury address.....something along the lines of Park Ave.....albiet, only a few blocks long. It will be interesting to see if Avenue applies for an address change so that it will be 200 N Church instead of 128 W. 5th.

• 2 months later...

I thought there was a thread for The Boulevard Company's 200 W. Tenth Project, that was supposed to be a 4-5 story mid-rise on N. Church next to 715.....but I can't find it, so I'll post here.

The project is apparantly dead in its current form. TBC withdrew their building permit application and has refiled with the HDC to do a townhouse project at that site instead.

EDIT** Oops, there was a separate thread...moderator please move as you see fit.

From what I heard, the original concept wasn't selling too well....it's tough to justify $400 psf for a mid-rise condo building. It is much cheaper to build townhouses, plus probably greater demand in 4th Ward, since there are so many condos announced and no units with "land". I liked the original rendering of this project, but if the do an attractive brownstone style project, then I would be equally as happy....really I just want Reniassance Place across Church St. to be leveled.

• 4 months later...

TBC has finally updated their website with this project and it includes the new renderings of the townhouses that they are now buildings.

http://www.theboulevardcompany.com/propert...h_church2.shtml

Click HERE to see a larger rendering in .pdf format. If someone could post it here, that would be splendid.

I like it a lot, though I am concerned that the yellow exterior portions are EIFS....if that is yellow brick, I would be in love.

Archived