OCOEE-COLONY PLAZA MOTEL RUIN

Rayman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did this place get so out of control? Didn't the police closely monitor this thing? I mean it sounds/looks like it would be a haven for all sorts of illegal activities. To me, I would have installed cameras or some type of deterrent.

So, last I heard there were to contracts that had to be bought out to tear this thing down -- 1) Who would pay for that demolition and 2) Have they settled this yet?

At some point can't the state/city claim eminent domain on this?

As I had stated earlier, I worked there over twenty years ago when it was still a hotel. I have some very fond memories of the people I worked with and the friends I made there. Those pictures brought back a lot of memories of places inside that building that I am very familiar with.

In the picture of the bar where the chair is in the foreground is the exact spot I was standing in when I first heard about the Challenger disaster on the lounge's TV set. It was already around 5 o'clock in the evening, and I hadn't even heard about it yet. The news anchor said something about the Challenger exploding and I asked one of the customers what he meant. The guy said "Haven't you heard? The space shuttle exploded this morning."

It is really strange seeing those pics.

As I had stated earlier, I worked there over twenty years ago when it was still a hotel. I have some very fond memories of the people I worked with and the friends I made there. Those pictures brought back a lot of memories of places inside that building that I am very familiar with.

In the picture of the bar where the chair is in the foreground is the exact spot I was standing in when I first heard about the Challenger disaster on the lounge's TV set. It was already around 5 o'clock in the evening, and I hadn't even heard about it yet. The news anchor said something about the Challenger exploding and I asked one of the customers what he meant. The guy said "Haven't you heard? The space shuttle exploded this morning."

It is really strange seeing those pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I forgot all about this forum.

I can't believe how many replies there are to my post!

We are timeshare owners at Colony Plaza. We are frustrated because we have never been contacted about anything. We found out about all this when we were told we could not use our timeshare anymore. It is very frustrating to live out of state and have something like this happen. We have been strung along for a long time.

Ocoee1...give us a work number and we will contact you.

"Dude"

P.S. How do I email someone from this forum?

• 3 weeks later...

Too bad,, this is one ugly RUIN. Bad image for ocoee.

Rayman - I gave some details on the problems with condemning it a few posts back. The main reason is that addition to the Days Inn (main owner), there are also 100's of timeshare and condo owners that have to be foreclosed on. Each owner is an individual court case - that takes A LOT of time. It will be years before anything is done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived