OCOEE-COLONY PLAZA MOTEL RUIN

Rayman

Leon Calhoon Johnson didnt have much to do with this demolition other than the usual showboating.

In a nutshell my associate negotiated with the new planning chief for a new modern development next to the o'l resort. Seems all the new stuff was always going to the west of Ocoee but the location is prime investment vulture territory for sure. One stipulation being that old resort has got to go away. He got lucky as everyone went for it prior to any ground breaking for the new. So the city went outside the realm of existing court and board actions and held internal hearings, deemed the resort as dangerous even though it's only dangerous to law breaking trespassers, and the tax payers either knowingly or not, are payng for the destruction and removal. Best case scenario the development goes up, impact fees, taxes and all surpass any lawsuits and the cost of demolition. Worst case scenario the resort comes down, the economy continues its slump, it becomes cheaper to pull out and the tax payers get stuck with what will rise from the low ball $600,000 demo to a million dollar demo. Just business developer wise. Deadly local governemnt wise though. It will be interesting for sure. All it takes is a owner to protect his rights and Ocoee will have a partially demolished even more dangerous place.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

You Thread Hawkers you really crack me up, if you don't like a certain thread, then don't Read it, but to come into a thread and cry bout OHHH THIS THREAD IS FINALLY DEAD OR I HOPE THIS THREAD DIES,, What a bunch of cry babies,, act more mature. oh and by the way,, get a life

Archived