Favorite Virginia Vacation Spot?

wrldcoupe4

You think not, coupe? New Brunswick (Rutgers) is on the NYCity metro fringe. :)

I would not say "fringe". Many commuters in East Brunswick (just east of New Brunswick) go to New York everyday from the NJ Turnpike at Exit 9. Just to get to New York City's southern borough; Staten Island, its only a 15 minute drive. 35-40 minutes to lower Manhatten. Of course, this is all without traffic.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not say "fringe". Many commuters in East Brunswick (just east of New Brunswick) go to New York everyday from the NJ Turnpike at Exit 9. Just to get to New York City's southern borough; Staten Island, its only a 15 minute drive. 35-40 minutes to lower Manhatten. Of course, this is all without traffic.

New Brunswick is actually a nice little urban oasis in Middlesex County's old suburban landscape (by old I mean stuff that looks like much of Portsmouth and Norfolk). NB is a city of 49,000 yet it has a 23-story condo u/c and two buildings over 30 stories proposed. I have some pics but I'd be yelled at for posting them here.

In addition to commuting by car, you can take NJ TRANSIT or AMTRAK to New York and get there in 42-60 min (express v. local). AMTRAK's trip might even be quicker than that.

Enough about Jersey, back to VA...

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite Va vacation spots would be the Mountain Lake area. A friend of mine has a bunch of land on top of the mountain past the hotel and I go up there a couple time a year to camp. other spots include the Mt Pleasant trail area. It has to be one of the most beautiful spots in Va and totally under rated since it's not in the Shenandoah Natl Park a lot of people have no idea it's there. Hmmm, maybe I said too much.

bluesky.jpg

I really like St Mary's Wilderness area too.

Archived