Grand Rapids City Life

GRGridGirl

I will expect that you will need all of Sunday to recover from such an aggresive schedule. :D

Saturdays' weather was just about perfect, BTW. Not too hot, not too cool. Did anyone get pictures of the Easttown Streetfair or Wealthy Street Live? If you need to, I can host a few pictures if so.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone read the article about Grand Rapids being listed as one of the "Best Places for Outdoor Activities" from Spearling's Best Places on MSN?

Here is the link if you haven't: Best Places for Outdoor Activities

interesting take--

noticed rock climbing was listed--where o where?--dune climbing would be more like it, there are a heck of a lot of really challenging ones, lol...

also noticed Gainesville Fla was on the list, which I would agree with--its one of the best-kept secrets in Florida--great mature college town as interesting and trendy and urban-friendly as Madison or Boulder or Chapel Hill, with lots of outdoor activities and nature all around, and more of a balance between all ages of people (unlike some parts of Florida). The only important Florida thing it lacks is a beach of course, but it has everything else one could wish for in a great town and more...

:)

interesting take--

noticed rock climbing was listed--where o where?--dune climbing would be more like it, there are a heck of a lot of really challenging ones, lol...

also noticed Gainesville Fla was on the list, which I would agree with--its one of the best-kept secrets in Florida--great mature college town as interesting and trendy and urban-friendly as Madison or Boulder or Chapel Hill, with lots of outdoor activities and nature all around, and more of a balance between all ages of people (unlike some parts of Florida). The only important Florida thing it lacks is a beach of course, but it has everything else one could wish for in a great town and more...

:)

There are a couple of indoor rock climbing places, with one right on Bond Street NW. Also within a 30 - 40 minute drive is the "Ledges of Grand Ledge" (near Lansing)

http://www.grandledgeclimbing.com/

I have done this a couple of times when I grew up near there :thumbsup:

Archived