Best of Providence

Garris

I thought I'd start a little "Best of Providence" thread to highlight businesses and services that we find that really fill needs and fill them well. Put restaurants, though, in the restaurant thread, if you could...

I thought I'd start with Car Washes. There are two which are excellent:

Atherton's Coach Works: 212 4th Street in Hope Village. $5 buys you a hand washed and hand dried exterior, and for $15, they'll do the exterior, rims, vacuum the interior, and wash the inside of your windows. Call to check their hours, though (they're funky), and prepare to wait, as they can often be backed up an hour or so at a time.

There's a do it yourself wash that is my most frequently visited behind Sax Sandwiches and across from the Bowling Academy on Taunton Ave in East Providence. Cheap, with powerful sprays and powerful vacuums that work.

Feel free to add your own "Best of!"

- Garris

• 1 month later...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a cobbler on North Main Street (I can't remember the name, though), near the Branch Ave. light. Fixes shoes quickly and reasonably. He re-soled several of mine; cheaper than buying new shoes! Worth going to if you want to save those $100 Bostonian loafers! :thumbsup:

There is a cobbler on North Main Street (I can't remember the name, though), near the Branch Ave. light. Fixes shoes quickly and reasonably. He re-soled several of mine; cheaper than buying new shoes! Worth going to if you want to save those $100 Bostonian loafers! :thumbsup:

There's a good one in Wayland Square too, next to Ed's Barbershop.

Does anyone know where there is a good vacuum repair place? I have a good vacuum that's fairly new and on the fritz, and I don't want to spend another $150-200+ for a really great vac...

- Garris

Does anyone know where there is a good vacuum repair place? I have a good vacuum that's fairly new and on the fritz, and I don't want to spend another $150-200+ for a really great vac...

- Garris

I think there's one on North Main somewhere, I know I've seen a place in passing. Not too sure though, when stuff I buy breaks, I usually get so pissed that I smash it to peices and buy a new one...

- Garris

I think there's one on Waterman Ave in East Providence. I'll try to drive by and grab the name/number.

http://www.regalreptiles.com/

I took my youngest there Saturday for a reptile Birthday party. The place is amazing! Part pet store, part zoo. They have a large crocidile tank, exotic lixards on display, a; large area with desert tortisies, and more. You pay admission to see the reptiles on display. If you make a purchase there the admission is refunded. It's in a good-sized building on Washington Street, 1 block past the police-fire complex.

Archived