Hartford dropped the ball

MadVlad

We all know about the horrible situation going on in New Orleans, and the surround areas/states. We also know that a lot of things have to change or can't happen now that the city is destroyed/unusable for the foreseeable future. One of these things is the New Orleans Hornets NBA team. It was a huge oversight for Hartford not to make a pitch to temporarily house the team for the near future until the Hornets Arena can be rebuilt/repaired/whatever. Other cities have already made their pitches.... Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Nashville, Louisville, San Diego.... why has Hartford not considered a pitch?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I never really thought of it either. I hope the city and state officials are not as late as we are in figuring this out. The team would have done well in the Civic Center and Ct would have supported them well.

A lot of people say the Civic Center is old and in need of repair. I feel differently however. The design is horrible, however the feel of the Civic Center with a sold out crowd is some of the best atmosphere for arenas its size. There is a nice scoreboard, the seats are now all the same color which helps because they are new and don't have the rainbow effect they once did, and the sky boxes are really not that bad. The only real downside to the Civic Center in my oppinion is the design for crowd management, and the ugly purple colors they use!

Come on guys,

Poaching a professional team from a devastated city is not how we want to go about economic development, is it? The Hornets should at least stay in the south, close to N.O., for now. Those "gracious" cities who "offer" to house the team for the time being are looking to gain from New Orleans' loss. Bad Karma.

If they can't play in New Orleans anyways, how is that poaching? It's an unfotunate reality that the Saints and the Hornets can't play in New Orleans for at least this year. So, being a realist, I don't see the harm in offering a place to play in the meantime. And, you're going to try and tell me that the poor, destitute inhabitants of NO will A) have the money to get to OKCity, KC, Louisville, etc, and B) will have the money to pay for a ticket? I think they have more important things to worry about, like clothing, food, shelter....

If they can't play in New Orleans anyways, how is that poaching?  It's an unfotunate reality that the Saints and the Hornets can't play in New Orleans for at least this year.  So, being a realist, I don't see the harm in offering a place to play in the meantime.  And, you're going to try and tell me that the poor, destitute inhabitants of NO will A) have the money to get to OKCity, KC, Louisville, etc, and B) will have the money to pay for a ticket?  I think they have more important things to worry about, like clothing, food, shelter....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As should we...

And, you're going to try and tell me that the poor, destitute inhabitants of NO will A) have the money to get to OKCity, KC, Louisville, etc, and B) will have the money to pay for a ticket?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A lot of them are in those cities, a lot more of them than are in New England. I would actually hope the team could find someplace to play in the Gulf Coast region, Baton Rouge or Shreveport. I don't see this as Hartford dropping any balls, I don't really see as Hartford has any business trying to house this team.

Archived