Tallahassee Baby Capital

97preludesh

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Naw we only got 5 highschools with football teams. It would be a waste of money to me to build 7 stadiums, and where would they put them the stadiums it would have to be real close to the school. Does Godby, Leon, Lincoln, and Rickards have the space? And if they do make a stadium would it be decent? Chiles stadium absolutely sucks. That is not a good example of how a football stadium. To me having a track inside the field doen't qualify it as a Football stadium. It qualifies as a track stadium.

The Tallahassee Democrat is collecting information for intrests via ESP these days. Here is an article from sunday's paper with some history on the hieght logic aswell as insight into current projects. I dissagree with the comment about our skyline not being ablt o line up in an oposing manner... really, it spreads along the hill, both sides, and DT is in enough of a Grid to maintain orientational relativity. here it is...

DT skline is going up!

I don't know why I get the feeling that someone at the paper has been reading our threads. Its as if, that entire article was based on things we've already discussed.

I'm very excited about our potential downtown, it still remains Tallahassee's greatest embarassment. But things will soon change as we've all discussed. The article pointed out some of the history behind our "low rise" downtown, which I thought was interesting also.

I don't think there is charm in simply being short. You've got to be short, artistic, unique, and beautiful... we don't have alot of that downtown, I've looked for it. We have some.

Now our sidewalks are nice, our streets are nice, the slope of the terrain adds character. I think we should abolish this height limit thing, and just let good developers be creative. Allow them to push the limits without all the red tape.

And then there's South Monroe...

I'll be creating a thread as soon as I get some extra time, complete with details from the plan as well as the little graphics they like to add.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea, once these condos are up, maybe we can see more office type buildings downtown... i know they need to develop the parcel on the corner of tennesee and monroe... that has the tennyson trailor on it.

• 10 months later...

The COT best bet for an 'economic boom' is for FSU to become an AAU or top 50 research university.

Yes, you can hope Microsoft will relocate headquarters in Tally, but as far as realistic hopes....FSU is the #1 hope. You could say the same about any small town with a major research university. It isn't about FSU, but about MAJOR RESEARCH UNIVERSITIES. Few folks, especially the COT and it's politicians, understand the impact and opportunity of them.

TK speaks at length regarding FSU's impact:

http://www.fsu.edu/~pres/pages/state_of_uni_05.html

"Our city within a city has a total budget of about $1.3 billion. That

It's called Bragg Memorial Stadium, and if you're lucky, maybe one day someone will invite you to a game there. It's the hottest ticket in town.

I need no invite. I've probably been to more FAMU games than FSU... my family holds season tickets. It was a rhetorical question phrased in context to something that was said eariler in the thread.

Archived