Urban Decay in Buffalo - Buffalo Central Terminal

SMLG

The Buffalo Central Terminal in Buffalo, New York is a truly fascinating building. Built in 1929 and in decline about 25 years later, it was abandonned in 1979 and left to rot. What resulted was a truly magnificent specimen of urban decay that is without equal in my travels. It serves as a monument to an era gone by, and its tombstone, and a warning to those who love old buildings.

For more information on the BCT, here is the preservation society's site.

42179089_348fd94188_o.jpg

42179069_b17bd8e03a_o.jpg

More photos here or on my photoblog, below.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice photos. So Detroit isn't the only city with an abandoned train station, haha. I must say that Buffalo Central Terminal appears to be in much better shape than Michigan Central Station.

It's nice to see that there is a group working to get Buffalo Central Terminal restored though...it is a magnificent building.

• 2 weeks later...

How interesting. The exterior on the building is beautiful.

What's the deal with these tours? The CTRC web site makes brief mention of them, but nothing else. Is this how you got into the building?

I also liked on their web site how the "Future" section just says "Coming Soon." I don't know whether or not the humor was intentional.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived