Columbus Projects & Developments

ATLman1

• 2 weeks later...

Goodwill is constructing a new retail store and training center in the Hamilton square shopping center along Veterans Parkway in the old West Point Stevens store. The front of the building has been getting a face lift for a few months now the signs went up a few days ago. When looking inside there are cubicals on one side of the store and what appears to be a retail area on one the other side.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what the construction on JR Allen is for? They have started grading the land and laying sewer lines on the property across from Rite Aid. This must be a large development. Also the property behind Rite Aid is under contract according to the Woodruff development Website.

I remember reading a article not to long ago that after the wal-mart was constructed. there was plans to bring in at least 2 new shopping centers one by a columbus developer and one by a chattanooga developer. I know that billings crossing is suppose to break ground any day now next to the gateway drive wal-mart. It includes a Sally's bueaty store, dry cleaners, chinese resturant for sure as well as outparcel space for resturants. I've also heard that Chik Fil-a has shown some intrest in that area across from rite aid for a new resturant. Not sure exactly whats going on there, but will be sure to keep an eye on it now and a ear out.

Demolition has started at the old Pier One Imports on Macon Road. Shopping center owners said a few months ago they would be tearing it down and bringing in a new national retailer not in the market yet. Still no announcment on which company it is. But i'll post anything I find out.

Rob Doll Nissan to build new dealership in North Columbus

Rob Doll Nissan which is located on Box Road near Midtown is about to break ground on a new $9million dealership to be located at the intersection of Whittlesley Road and Whitesville Road. Ground is scheduled to be broken at the end of this month on a new 50,000 Square foot showroom and service facility It's scheduled to open by May 2009. The new lot will cover 7.5 acres and the showroom is 3 times larger than the existing 14,000 square foot showroom on Box Road. In addition the present lot only holds about 150 vehicles and employs 53 people the new lot will employ 70 and hold over 300 cars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I heard this from a friend that heard it from a Chick-fil-A Corporate employee:

There are franchisees that are looking at opening a few new Chick-fil-a locations in Columbus:

• North Columbus location to go in a (soon to be) closing Krispy Kreme on Veterans Parkway
  • Airport Thruway location to go somewhere in that area (Backyard Burger?)
  • Gateway Road location to go somewhere by the new Wal-Mart (new land being cleared across from Rite Aid)

Again, I don't know how creditable this person is-- just passing along the new information I've heard.

Also, wanted to pass along that I've heard the old Sheraton Four Points in going to be transformed by Valley Hospitality into a Doubletree Suites and will also include a Hollihans Restaurant (like the Valley Hospitality Marriott Columbus hotel in downtown Columbus)

The shoppes at Flat Rock will begin construction soon at the intersection of Flatrock road and Milgen Road although no immediat tenants have been named yet the signs infront do indicate that it will be a sub shop and a pizza shop. Construction is scheduled to be completed by the end of the fall this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey - I am new to this site, but I wanted to add my 2 cents.... :) I am so glad and proud that Columbus has made so many improvements lately and are continuing to do so!

I live on Milgen Rd, near the intersection of Milgen & Flat Rock Rd and I work at the Aflac campus in Corporate Ridge. The large area of land that's being cleared across from Rite Aid is for a TARGET GREATLAND!! I'm so excited - I like Target so much more than Wal-Mart!

I will be happy if a Chick Fil A and other quality places go up in this area too!

You all are a wealth of information! Thanks for sharing!

Thats great news about the new target store. That area of town is about to boom with the wal-mart supercenter having opened a supertarget or target greatland store about to open two small strip shopping centers under construction and a host of resturants about to locate in the area. Milgen/Flatrock Road- JR Allen/Manchester xpressway area is about to become a new commercial center that will not only cater to extreme northern Columbus/Midland, but also will probaly become one of the cheif shopping areas for southern Harris county & Talbot County residents.

Hey - I am new to this site, but I wanted to add my 2 cents.... :) I am so glad and proud that Columbus has made so many improvements lately and are continuing to do so!

I live on Milgen Rd, near the intersection of Milgen & Flat Rock Rd and I work at the Aflac campus in Corporate Ridge. The large area of land that's being cleared across from Rite Aid is for a TARGET GREATLAND!! I'm so excited - I like Target so much more than Wal-Mart!

I will be happy if a Chick Fil A and other quality places go up in this area too!

You all are a wealth of information! Thanks for sharing!

Welcome to the forum! Good to have another Columbus supporter.

Excellent news about the new Target Supercenter. Midland is about to take off it looks like. Swift redevelopment is next....just curious to see what goes there.

Rob Doll Nissan to build new dealership in North Columbus

Rob Doll Nissan which is located on Box Road near Midtown is about to break ground on a new $9million dealership to be located at the intersection of Whittlesley Road and Whitesville Road. Ground is scheduled to be broken at the end of this month on a new 50,000 Square foot showroom and service facility It's scheduled to open by May 2009. The new lot will cover 7.5 acres and the showroom is 3 times larger than the existing 14,000 square foot showroom on Box Road. In addition the present lot only holds about 150 vehicles and employs 53 people the new lot will employ 70 and hold over 300 cars.

Any word on when they will start clearing the land?

Any word on when they will start clearing the land?

I have not heard an official date yet, However on a seperate note South Columbus is getting some more new residential growth. The former Mockingbird trailer park site has begun construction on several middle class town homes construction should be complete within 6 months to a year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hardee's in North Columbus is tearing down and rebuilding, this will help complete the The Landings new look, Sun Trust is also redoing their place too.

That's good news. Any word on what they will be doing across the road and what flag will go on the Sheraton Hotel?

That's good news. Any word on what they will be doing across the road and what flag will go on the Sheraton Hotel?

I thought that I posted that on here: They're making the Sheraton a DoubleTree or atleast that's what some friends told me. I don't know what you're talking about across the street-- I haven't been in town this week.

I thought that I posted that on here: They're making the Sheraton a DoubleTree or atleast that's what some friends told me. I don't know what you're talking about across the street-- I haven't been in town this week.

I thought they were going to be redeveloping the side where Office Depot is and Ben's Chop House.

I thought they were going to be redeveloping the side where Office Depot is and Ben's Chop House.

Ah, didnt know what you meant by across the street: I'm not sure what they're going to do over there, they already changed out the sign and frontage for Big Lots, I hope they do spend some more money over there, I know their other money was well spent. KMart needs a face lift too.

Looks like Columbus could be welcoming another Walgreens location in North Columbus at the corner of Williams Rd and Veterans Parkway (with approval of the City). The site plan is below:

2lv03f7.jpg

Good news. Perfect location too. A broker friend of mine in Atlanta is scouting a few other locations for a Walgreens.

Looks like Columbus could be welcoming another Walgreens location in North Columbus at the corner of Williams Rd and Veterans Parkway (with approval of the City). The site plan is below:

2lv03f7.jpg

There is quite a bit of land on the parcel. Any word on what else might go there?

Also, the land across the road has been cleared and has a sign up for a new retail center. Any word on when it might break ground?