Columbus Projects & Developments

ATLman1

There is quite a bit of land on the parcel. Any word on what else might go there?

Also, the land across the road has been cleared and has a sign up for a new retail center. Any word on when it might break ground?

Yeah, I think they're going to clear it and have it available for sale. If you'll e-mail me ([email protected]) I'll send you the site plan. No idea when they'll break ground, they just went before city council a few days ago.

Where are you talking about this new retail center?? I just drove by there yesterday, didn't see a sign.

Yeah, I think they're going to clear it and have it available for sale. If you'll e-mail me ([email protected]) I'll send you the site plan. No idea when they'll break ground, they just went before city council a few days ago.

Where are you talking about this new retail center?? I just drove by there yesterday, didn't see a sign.

Allen Development (think that is the name) has a sign on the piece at the corner of Veternans and Old Moon Road. He just developed that office building that sits back down the hill in the trees.

Allen Development (think that is the name) has a sign on the piece at the corner of Veternans and Old Moon Road. He just developed that office building that sits back down the hill in the trees.

Oh yeah, I remember. I they have a history of trying to develop land and never doing it. There is some land out on Smith Rd that has a Allen Development sign up from 10 years ago. Now, they do sometimes do what they say they're going to do, so I'm not sure. Let me know if you hear anything.

Houlihans Bar and Grill is opening another Columbus location. The signs are up for a new location to be placed in the Columbus Airport Hotel (Former Airport sheraton)

As I said before, this will also be a Doubletree Hotel, they have billboard up on I-185 saying "Coming Soon: Doubletree Hotel & Houlihans"

As I said before, this will also be a Doubletree Hotel, they have billboard up on I-185 saying "Coming Soon: Doubletree Hotel & Houlihans"

Awesome news!

I talked with a friend of mine at Hathaway Development here in Atlanta. The land that Woodruff is rezoning in CPC is for an apartment complex. It will have 220 units in the first phase and 140 I believe in the 2nd phase. This will be a large apartment development. Hathaway is building it possibly.

Awesome news!

I talked with a friend of mine at Hathaway Development here in Atlanta. The land that Woodruff is rezoning in CPC is for an apartment complex. It will have 220 units in the first phase and 140 I believe in the 2nd phase. This will be a large apartment development. Hathaway is building it possibly.

This is where The Village at Columbus Park was going to be isn't it? Woodruff/Jordan Realty rezoned land on both sides of Kohls, a small strip on the right and the Village at Columbus Park area on the left-hand side. Any idea which of these Hathaway is talking about?

This is where The Village at Columbus Park was going to be isn't it? Woodruff/Jordan Realty rezoned land on both sides of Kohls, a small strip on the right and the Village at Columbus Park area on the left-hand side. Any idea which of these Hathaway is talking about?

I will have to check on exactly where they plan on doing that. He didn't mention which side. I can definitely find out though from Hathaway or Ben Carter Properties.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you been able to find out anything yet on the status of this project. it's still listed on Ben Carters website

I will probably talk with him this week. I'll see what I can get out of him. I know they are still moving forward with the project though. It will just take longer to get going because of the economy.

1-cent Sales Tax To Fund Massive Projects

Here is the complete list of what is going to be built with the money:

Roads and infrastructure: $118.4 million

Public safety projects: $33.4 million

Capital infrastructure projects: $151.8 million

Public safety

Two fire/EMS stations: $2.6 million

911 center expansion and consoles: $521,000

800 megahertz radio upgrade: $3.5 million

Jail expansion: $27 million

Road projects

Resurfacing: $15 million

Moon Road Phase II: $9.3 million

Moon Road Phase III: $3.6 million

Veteran Parkway/Double Churches: $2.2 million

Forrest Road Phase I/Woodruff /Floyd Roads: $3.3 million

Forrest Road Phase II: $4.4 million

Whitesville Road/Double Churches: $5.2 million

Fort Benning Road/Brennan Road: $4.3 million

Fort Benning Streetscapes: $2 million

Bridge maintenance: $2.5 million

Panhandle Road: $1.8 million

Capital projects

Flood abatement: $23.2 million

Stormwater rehabilitation: $7.5 million

Technology improvement: $2.5 million

City service center: $17.5 million

Consolidated Government parking garage: $7.5 million

Natatorium: $13.2 million

Ice rink: $7.1 million

Cooper Creek Tennis Court expansion: $1.5 million

These last ones are great projects! Way to go Columbus!

1-cent Sales Tax To Fund Massive Projects

Here is the complete list of what is going to be built with the money:

Roads and infrastructure: $118.4 million

Public safety projects: $33.4 million

Capital infrastructure projects: $151.8 million

Public safety

Two fire/EMS stations: $2.6 million

911 center expansion and consoles: $521,000

800 megahertz radio upgrade: $3.5 million

Jail expansion: $27 million

Road projects

Resurfacing: $15 million

Moon Road Phase II: $9.3 million

Moon Road Phase III: $3.6 million

Veteran Parkway/Double Churches: $2.2 million

Forrest Road Phase I/Woodruff /Floyd Roads: $3.3 million

Forrest Road Phase II: $4.4 million

Whitesville Road/Double Churches: $5.2 million

Fort Benning Road/Brennan Road: $4.3 million

Fort Benning Streetscapes: $2 million

Bridge maintenance: $2.5 million

Panhandle Road: $1.8 million

Capital projects

Flood abatement: $23.2 million

Stormwater rehabilitation: $7.5 million

Technology improvement: $2.5 million

City service center: $17.5 million

Consolidated Government parking garage: $7.5 million

Natatorium: $13.2 million

Ice rink: $7.1 million

Cooper Creek Tennis Court expansion: $1.5 million

These last ones are great projects! Way to go Columbus!

These are all needed projects. What is the 'Panhandle' road? I also wish someone could convince the powers-that-be to work on a better plan for the Library site. There could be such a better plan than the one that's being used. It will be another wasted opportunity right up there with abandoning the trolley...except worse. At least with the trail it could be converted to rail someday.

MidtownCentreVision.pdf

Edited by aboutmetro

• 3 weeks later...

The guys at Back to the Grind Coffee, the new drive-thru coffee shop on 2nd Avenue, are looking for a couple of new locations. Any thoughts or opinions?

Phenix City is a must. The majority of workers that come into Columbus from out of town come from Russell and Lee Counties. It would be nice to have a coffee shop on the way since everywhere else has avoid PC like Starbucks, Fountain City, ect...

Also a midtown location would be good or a south Columbus location near the infantry musuem or Ft. Benning gate would be nice

• 2 weeks later...