Columbus Projects & Developments

ATLman1

The new Rob Doll Nissan building is coming along nicely at the intersection of Whitesville Road & Whittlesley Rd. I have learned that not only will the site of the new dealership more than going to double the size of the inventory for the Nissan dealer, but also developers are looking to lure at least one new hotel and new retail to the area as well.

The new Rob Doll Nissan building is coming along nicely at the intersection of Whitesville Road & Whittlesley Rd. I have learned that not only will the site of the new dealership more than going to double the size of the inventory for the Nissan dealer, but also developers are looking to lure at least one new hotel and new retail to the area as well.

Site plans include a hotel, retail space and an office building:

353caz5.jpg

Looks like there are some new apartments going up in front of CSU. They are being built by 4446 University, LLC which is operated by Bradley Coppedge (Lawyer at Hatcher-Stubbs)

Information: http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?1341271

Also, looks like there will be some type of eatery on Moon Rd right by the new Chevron.

Yes it is a new student apartment complex called University crossing. College Woods apartments were previously at the site, but the complex only had one two story unit. The new complex will extend all the way back to Courtyard II apartments. The new apartments will be 3 and 4 story units specifically for students much like Cougar Village off Gentian. Rowe Realty has been managing the property since early 2008 and ever since they acquired it from David Realty company surveyers have been working to get the new units built good too see ground has finally been broken. I just hope Rowe can manage this property better than other properties they have managed around Columbus which have earned them the label as slum lords.

Yes it is a new student apartment complex called University crossing. College Woods apartments were previously at the site, but the complex only had one two story unit. The new complex will extend all the way back to Courtyard II apartments. The new apartments will be 3 and 4 story units specifically for students much like Cougar Village off Gentian. Rowe Realty has been managing the property since early 2008 and ever since they acquired it from David Realty company surveyers have been working to get the new units built good too see ground has finally been broken. I just hope Rowe can manage this property better than other properties they have managed around Columbus which have earned them the label as slum lords.

So, they're going to tear down the other buildings? I think this complex will do 100 times better than Cougar Village because of it's location. It's a VERY good location. Plus if CSU is ever to build anythying on that corner by Applebees (they own that land) it will be even closer.

Here again, another opportunity to conserve land and build a mid-rise apt development is instead giving way to traditional Columbus vision of garden-style apartments.

• 3 months later...

Some good news amid all the bad thats going on in the past few months a new upscale pizza resturant called Marcos Pizza has been expanding rapidly in the Columbus Market. They opened their first resturant on Whitesville Road a couple of months ago and since have locations on Warm Springs Road in Columbus and the Publix Shopping Center in Phenix City. I keep hearing about one opening somewhere in CPC

Lumber Liquidators to Open Columbus Store tommrow

Toano, Va.-based Lumber Liquidators is coming to Columbus.

The discount hardwood flooring store is opening a location at 4211 Milgen Rd. Friday.

When it comes to its more than 150 stores in the U.S., the publicly-traded company says it takes a

Some good news amid all the bad thats going on in the past few months a new upscale pizza resturant called Marcos Pizza has been expanding rapidly in the Columbus Market. They opened their first resturant on Whitesville Road a couple of months ago and since have locations on Warm Springs Road in Columbus and the Publix Shopping Center in Phenix City. I keep hearing about one opening somewhere in CPC

Where on Warm Springs are they?

Einstein Bros. Bagels has opened a store on Columbus State University's campus. Einstein's is very popular in the Atlanta area.

I'm a student at CSU, it's pretty nice and it certainly looks like something you'd expect to see in Atlanta, but like all of the Atlanta cafes, bistros, etc... the food is very much overpriced. The only things worth buying are the deserts, (my personal favorite is the cinnamon twists -- warmed up), they have specialty bagels and such and those are good, but I wouldn't spend $7-$8 on a meal that would probably better constitute as a light lunch/snack (something to tide you over until the actual meal).

Einstein Bros. Bagels has opened a store on Columbus State University's campus. Einstein's is very popular in the Atlanta area.

I'm a student at CSU, it's pretty nice and it certainly looks like something you'd expect to see in Atlanta, but like all of the Atlanta cafes, bistros, etc... the food is very much overpriced. The only things worth buying are the deserts, (my personal favorite is the cinnamon twists -- warmed up), they have specialty bagels and such and those are good, but I wouldn't spend $7-$8 on a meal that would probably better constitute as a light lunch/snack (something to tide you over until the actual meal).

• 2 weeks later...

That is the site for the new ymca, and the historic one closer to the Government Center (I was told) will be torn down.

Lets all hard our breath lol they should tear down the old ymca building and put a 7 story hotel in the same spot where the old ymca building is. Heres an example of a 7 story hotel that would look great where the old ymca building is.

hotel.jpg

Lets all hard our breath lol they should tear down the old ymca building and put a 7 story hotel in the same spot where the old ymca building is. Heres an example of a 7 story hotel that would look great where the old ymca building is.

hotel.jpg

Mmm mmm... if it's going to be downtown, then it's going to have to adhere to the building and facade codes that are designated for that area. This is a rather boring concept... it lacks the urban concept that we aspire for the city. Very anonymous, simple, and suburban.

I really hope that is some bad info. Surely the marble part of that beautiful building won't be torn down...

Now I do see much greater potential for that particular space... but considering how things are developed down here, I'd have to stand by your concerns for it. If the new development would embrace that same rich architecture and marble exterior with brick or light beige stone, and ascend more than 5 stories, then I am all for the change. Other than that I think it should remain in tact... but renovations are much more expensive to do for a building like that than to just build a new structure that meets the codes and standards needed for the proposed development. That's the reason why the old sears building was never converted into a multifamily complex.

Does anyone no whats being built right across from the cb and t bank behind hollywood connection the sign they got up says phillips construction.

That is going to be the new Rob Doll Nissan. It's suppose to be twice the size of the current location on Box Road There is a drawing of the master plan in one of these forums that shows use of hotels and other structures at the location.

That is going to be the new Rob Doll Nissan. It's suppose to be twice the size of the current location on Box Road There is a drawing of the master plan in one of these forums that shows use of hotels and other structures at the location.

Thats great I always road by there and I always wanted to no what it was going to be thanks for telling me.