Columbus Projects & Developments

ATLman1

Didn't know there was anything. Is there a lot of activity on the site? Might be another hotel?

It stretches from the Hampton Inn to Extreme Marine. I'm not sure what it is, but I would figure some other hotel, being that far off the road. In other news, CVS/Pharmacy could be coming to Miller Rd where Video Warehouse is now, not sure what would happen to Video Warehouse and that shopping complex.

I've seen activity and signs on 280 at Smiths Station where Flournoy's building 'luxury' apartments. Anyone have any idea how many units, etc?

I talked to my friend at Flournoy and they're not the ones building, some guy is but they're going to manage. I'm not sure how many, he didn't know.

columbus doesn't have a kroger at all?that's crazy,macon has 7 kroger's

Did years ago. Definitely a Publix dominated market.

Video Warehouse is being torn down to make way for the new CVS. It will be moving to a new location. This will all happen within 1 year according to the manager at Video Warehouse. \

Also, what is going in by the Publix on Schomburg Road down by the Zaxby's? All of that land is being cleared.

Did years ago. Definitely a Publix dominated market.

Video Warehouse is being torn down to make way for the new CVS. It will be moving to a new location. This will all happen within 1 year according to the manager at Video Warehouse. \

Also, what is going in by the Publix on Schomburg Road down by the Zaxby's? All of that land is being cleared.

From what I heard a few years ago, when Greystone bought the Greystone at Maple Ridge, they planned to continue that project across the street - so I assume its another round of apartments and a clubhouse

Anybody know what the rezoning on Williams rd across from Southeastern and Harvey Lumber is? The rezoning signs show Allen development as the applicant.

Not sure which property you're talking about but if you're talking about the wooded area next to Uncle Bob's - that should be rezoned for Woodruff. They're creating a 20-year project, its a retail and residential project.

Columbus does seem small for a city its size.Columbus should have a descent looking downtown skyline for a city its size but it doesn't.Columbus is still living in the old days and i doubt downtown will ever have a descent skyline because of the height restrictions they have on downtown.Another thing that makes columbus feel so small is we dont have full interstate access either.And another thing is when they build hotels or anything in this area its always small just like the hotels they always build they always have to be 3 to 4 story hotels they never put no real good height into them like 6 or 7 storys thats why columbus also feels small and looks dule.

Someday once they widen the four lane jr.allen parkway to a six lane parkway in the future because they have it in the long columbus transportation projects.But once they widen jr.allen parkway to a six lane parkway it would be nice if they could build some highrise office buildings or highrise condos off of jr.allen parkway.Just picture riding down the six lane parkway in the future and seeing highrise office buildings lined up on the parkway just like the parkways and office buildings seemer in atlanta.I just wish the new benning technology park there going to be building near I185 would have been tall enough to see it while driving down interstate I185.I dont know what it is but something is keeping columbus from building up.

Sorry, you're right- it looks like the land next to the Woodruff rezone is for Allen Development, I'm not sure what they're doing, they're rezoning to something that isn't commerical retail, I'll have to keep and eye out for those plans. Speaking of plans, here is the site plan for the CVS going on the corner of Miller and Warm Springs Rd (where Video Warehouse is):

961aed7a1b9328c413f7ff25d2668c5d.png

Anybody know what is going beside the new Walgreen's on Veterans?

I believe that it's going to be some type of strip like the one by CVS on Macon Rd or something like that - not sure yet. Also, it seems like the Allen Development rezoning is for 16 acres and it's for some type of apartment community that they're going to build.

I believe that it's going to be some type of strip like the one by CVS on Macon Rd or something like that - not sure yet. Also, it seems like the Allen Development rezoning is for 16 acres and it's for some type of apartment community that they're going to build.

NO MORE STRIP MALLS!!!! wacko.gif OMG...

im so glad this is happening.This is great news the columbus housing authority is looking at the possibility of redeveloping the booker t . washington apartment complex that sit across from the columbus civic center the booker t . washington apartments are 70 years old and the redeveloping will be similar to those that they did at the peabody apartments it will be a mixed use development project.Im so glad this is happening i have been waiting years for them to tear down them old apartments because they make south columbus look old and bad about time they need to come down.I just can imagine right now what south columbus will look like once they knock down them old outdated apartments and start building the new this new redevelopment of the booket t washington apartments are going to make south columbus and this area look, outstanding, pretty, nice and new.And also we dont have to worry about being ashamed of our city when celebrities come to the columbus civic center to perform and they have to ride by them old outdated apartments.So now when celebrities ride by to go perform at the columbus civic center they will be riding by something new and pretty. Great news im so glad this is going to be happening im so happy i can not say it enough.

im so glad this is happening.This is great news the columbus housing authority is looking at the possibility of redeveloping the booker t . washington apartment complex that sit across from the columbus civic center the booker t . washington apartments are 70 years old and the redeveloping will be similar to those that they did at the peabody apartments it will be a mixed use development project.Im so glad this is happening i have been waiting years for them to tear down them old apartments because they make south columbus look old and bad about time they need to come down.I just can imagine right now what south columbus will look like once they knock down them old outdated apartments and start building the new this new redevelopment of the booket t washington apartments are going to make south columbus and this area look, outstanding, pretty, nice and new.And also we dont have to worry about being ashamed of our city when celebrities come to the columbus civic center to perform and they have to ride by them old outdated apartments.So now when celebrities ride by to go perform at the columbus civic center they will be riding by something new and pretty. Great news im so glad this is going to be happening im so happy i can not say it enough.

Sad thing I first moved to columbus in '96 at that time the olympic softball was here and they were discussing demolitioning BTW then and I have heard it so many times since then. I seriously doubt that anything will happen to BTW within the next 10-15 years. Right now I believe its just talk in the wind.

mitchella81 i would not say that just yet the btw apartments have been there some 70 years and the columbus housing authority are wanting to demolish them because there very old and gosh know i hope it does not happen in another 10 to 15 years my best guest that if everything goes as if planned we may see process in about 2 to 3 years. cross your fingers.

For anyone interested in historic preservation, the Riverdale-Porterdale Cemetery has obtained a challenge grant to make improvements and beautify that old Victorian-era cemetery. The plans are to renovate the lovely carriage house and fountain at the entrance, work with Trees Columbus to add new foliage, build era-approriate gates at entrances and replace fencing with more aesthetically pleasing alternative. Anyone who has family members buried there -- and most long-term Columbusites do -- should consider making a tax free donation which will then be matched dolar-for-dollar. The Challenge lasts thru end of the year and those interested can contact the cemetery directly

For anyone interested in historic preservation, the Riverdale-Porterdale Cemetery has obtained a challenge grant to make improvements and beautify that old Victorian-era cemetery. The plans are to renovate the lovely carriage house and fountain at the entrance, work with Trees Columbus to add new foliage, build era-approriate gates at entrances and replace fencing with more aesthetically pleasing alternative. Anyone who has family members buried there -- and most long-term Columbusites do -- should consider making a tax free donation which will then be matched dolar-for-dollar. The Challenge lasts thru end of the year and those interested can contact the cemetery directly

great news i hope that take up them feather looking bushes that go around the outer edge of the cemetery by victory drive when your coming around the sharp corner where the softball field is.I hope they take up them feather looking bushes and put some crape myrtle trees there it would make it look more appealing and interested and nice.