Columbus Projects & Developments

ATLman1

• 3 weeks later...

Woodruff is pumping out all kinds of developments... I wouldn't hold my breath until they start moving dirt but, here is another Bever Run/Psalmond Road development in partnership with HighGrove Partners.

ed7dbd0ad11410cede8fec792041d26c.png

I beileve I know where this is but is this the site across from Rite Aid and Beaver Run subdivsion or the one about 3 miles down on the right?

I beileve I know where this is but is this the site across from Rite Aid and Beaver Run subdivsion or the one about 3 miles down on the right?

This is up the road at the corner of Psalmond Rd. The development that you're thinking about is The Market at Beaver Run, still Woodruff and still in partnership with High Grove Partners.

Transportation planners need to look at building a Psalmond Rd/US-27Alt interchange. Such an interchange would take much pressure off of the interesection at Beaver Run and US-27Alt (which itself should have been an interchange).

Has anyone heard any plans for the JD Kinder Furniture site at Manchester and Armour Rd as it closes? It's a great location. Could be an Academy Sports or another hotel.

It would be a good place for a hotel, but not sure if it would get approved since it is in the flight path of the airport. Academy Sports would be nice if the parcel is large enough.

It would be a good place for a hotel, but not sure if it would get approved since it is in the flight path of the airport. Academy Sports would be nice if the parcel is large enough.

Your're probably right about the hotel. It's not large enought to spread out like the Holiday Inn next door. I think an Academy would work, though it'd be a tight fit. Holiday Inn would probably like to see some sort of sit down restaurant come in there.

The land that touches Williams Rd is St. Francis'. It was/is apart of their master plan to build a North Columbus campus (including another hospital). The land you're refering to is Flournoy Development, they're building some apartments behind there that will butt up to the Interstate. I have some drawing somewhere. I'll post them later.

Notice there is a lot of land being cleared behind Franciscan Woods off of Williams Road. Any idea what is being developed there?

This is the original master plan that St. Francis had for the extra land that they had on Williams Rd, and it truly seems like a GREAT master plan but I can't they decided against adding another 200,000 sq.ft hospital in N. Columbus. Flournoy is going to develop 297 apartments behind the St. Francis property.

ba7f759d7b52e27f885e5312f16f5011.png

Development news is kind of slow right now.... So, here's some boring stuff:

- Man Power is moving or opening a new office in the old Quizno's off of Bradley Park Drive

Anyone know what is happening next to Starbucks on Veterans? They're clearing the land there. More parking? Another business?

Development news is kind of slow right now.... So, here's some boring stuff:

- Man Power is moving or opening a new office in the old Quizno's off of Bradley Park Drive

Anyone know what is happening next to Starbucks on Veterans? They're clearing the land there. More parking? Another business?

Glad to see that space being used. Not sure what is happening by that Starbucks. It is an odd shaped parcel, but big enough for something hopefully.

Thats a great drawing and original master plan for the north campus saint francis hospital long range master plan.Do you have any idea when it will be built.And will it be a hospital or will it just be a tiny doctors office. If it's a hospital I hope they build it tall enough to see it from the interstate I hope it will be as large as there current hospital on manchester expressway known as saint francis hospital it would be so cool riding down interstate I185 and seeing a large 6 story medical office building rising into the air.

Ledger Enquirer has announced in the paper and online that the new Chik Fil A is going in this development and is set to open in May with Truett Cathy's, Chik Fil A's founder, grandson operating the store! Cant wait to see what else is developed here. This has great potential.

I'm not sure about the Jacoby Development but I know that the last I heard Woodruff was developing a from-the-ground-up version of The Landings called The Village at Beaver Run. The first of those announced was a rumored Chick-fil-A. The development is going to include apartments in the back and commercial in the front-- just like the Knooce's Place development in North Columbus.

e8369fbd662ae2bb85edf3f4213130ea.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ledger Enquirer has announced in the paper and online that the new Chik Fil A is going in this development and is set to open in May with Truett Cathy's, Chik Fil A's founder, grandson operating the store! Cant wait to see what else is developed here. This has great potential.

The Swift site is a perfect location for a Bass Pro. Home Depot would be a nice addition to the area too.

• 1 month later...

A few things here...

They're still working on the land for Bonefish but it looks like Verizon will be moved to an almost 9,000 sq/ft space over there and another open space which would be great for somewhere like Five Guys.

Flournoy Properties has started on their first full development here in Columbus on Williams Rd called Highland Ridge, http://flournoycompanies.com/propertyList.asp?AID=19862&Sent=GO

Also, HomeCorp has started on their very large (tall atleast) development on North Veterans Parkway

"Front Porch of the South" (Flea Market) has applied for a $10k building permit and has started transforming the old Sunfresh Beverages plant into a very big flea market and event center. I guess much how the River Mill started out as.

Also, W.C. Bradley has applied for a building permit for the old Hughes Supply on Veterans Park, not sure what this is about - maybe a warehouse?

That's all for now...

A few things here...

They're still working on the land for Bonefish but it looks like Verizon will be moved to an almost 9,000 sq/ft space over there and another open space which would be great for somewhere like Five Guys.

Flournoy Properties has started on their first full development here in Columbus on Williams Rd called Highland Ridge, http://flournoycompa...D=19862&Sent=GO

Also, HomeCorp has started on their very large (tall atleast) development on North Veterans Parkway

"Front Porch of the South" (Flea Market) has applied for a $10k building permit and has started transforming the old Sunfresh Beverages plant into a very big flea market and event center. I guess much how the River Mill started out as.

Also, W.C. Bradley has applied for a building permit for the old Hughes Supply on Veterans Park, not sure what this is about - maybe a warehouse?

That's all for now...

Flournoy's Highland Ridge link merely redirects to the Flournoy home page.

A few things here...

Flournoy Properties has started on their first full development here in Columbus on Williams Rd called Highland Ridge, http://flournoycompa...D=19862&Sent=GO

That's all for now...

What is this HomeCorp development? Havent noticed it. Where is it on Veterans? Thanks for posting this info!

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like Freedom Furniture and Electronics will be replacing Books a Million at cross country plaza. The store only has one other Georgia location and it is in Hinesville. On their website it shows 12 stores ranging from California to Virginia mostly in large military communities. I guess anything is better than having a large vacant store front. A similar store US Discounters opened on Gentian Blvd several years ago and they have done very well in the city. Also in the cross country development I think it will be unique to have a two story publix store there

Well looks like Freedom Furniture and Electronics will be replacing Books a Million at cross country plaza. The store only has one other Georgia location and it is in Hinesville. On their website it shows 12 stores ranging from California to Virginia mostly in large military communities. I guess anything is better than having a large vacant store front. A similar store US Discounters opened on Gentian Blvd several years ago and they have done very well in the city. Also in the cross country development I think it will be unique to have a two story publix store there

Two-story Publix? ... where did you see that?

Two-story Publix? ... where did you see that?

That's been in the news and newspaper for quite some time... If you go to Cross Country Plaza you will see the on-going construction taking place and a sign with an illustration of the new Publix. It is beautiful.