Columbus Projects & Developments

ATLman1

• 2 weeks later...

I see the property on the across from north highland church has been sold. Anyone know what's going in there?

the land at the intersection of moon and whittlesley is going to be a new car dealership. It will be home to Kia autosport of Columbus. They have outgrown the midtown location.

On a seperate note construction has started on the old hobby lobby store on airport thruway n e idea what is going there

the land at the intersection of moon and whittlesley is going to be a new car dealership. It will be home to Kia autosport of Columbus. They have outgrown the midtown location.

On a seperate note construction has started on the old hobby lobby store on airport thruway n e idea what is going there

I've always thought a Burlington Coat Factory would go great there

Very cool news for Kia. I think it will REALLY help their sales to move North.

Your Pie (www.yourpie.com) based out of Athens has started construction at The Landings by Outback.

Also, is it me or does the Bonefish (first building) look really small?

Lastly, does anyone know what WC Bradley is working on next to Walgreens on the corner of Veterans at Whitesville? They're building a front entrance that looks like some type of retail.

Your Pie (www.yourpie.com) based out of Athens has started construction at The Landings by Outback.

Lastly, does anyone know what WC Bradley is working on next to Walgreens on the corner of Veterans at Whitesville? They're building a front entrance that looks like some type of retail.

Just answered my own question, WC Bradley is working on Virginia College's Columbus Campus.

I noticed the old Firehouse club is being torn down. Does anyone know whether this property has been purchased? Also, the old Carmike building next door is being torn down as well. It would be great to see these two properties redeveloped.

That entire corner is being demolished?? That's awesome! Hopefully someone purchased both parcels. That would be an excellent location for a large hotel.

Excellent news. I think the Bonefish looked a little small. It is probably deceiving though.

Any word on the Swift site in Midland?

I noticed the old Firehouse club is being torn down. Does anyone know whether this property has been purchased? Also, the old Carmike building next door is being torn down as well. It would be great to see these two properties redeveloped.

Firehouse is being torn down but I don't believe that the Carmike building is, they're just getting all of their offices out of that building. From what I heard, Carl Gregory bought the Firehouse land but there is some type of "unknown" project that will be going on that land. We shall see... I always thought Woodruff should of bought that land and extended their Landings project and some nice restaurants , etc

No updates on the Swift site.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, now I'm dying to know what's going in the old Hobby Lobby. Dr. Agarwal has applied for a $400,000 building permit, so I doubt that it's any type of national chain but seems very big to be a Dr's office.

I was told that that is where Burlington Coat Factory is going... but I'm not entirely sure. I haven't seen any signage yet.

I was told that that is where Burlington Coat Factory is going... but I'm not entirely sure. I haven't seen any signage yet.

I would hope you're right but that doesn't match up with the building permit, unless that Dr owns that building.

Shopping center is going up next to TGIF, George Adams Co. is the owner.

Long Horn is planned for small pad next to TGIF next to this shopping center.

Al Who's is almost to the ground and Carl Gregory is looking to do something retail/hotel

Old Carmike next door is going to be a church.

• 2 weeks later...

BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY TO OPEN IN BRITT DAVID

It became official yesterday that the former hobby lobby site will become a new burlington coat factory. The store confirmed it saying the store will be a 70,000 square foot location opening on Novemeber 4th, It will feature the companies brand new prototype design. A job fair will be held sometime next month and the store should employ around 75 people. Officials say that the company had been trying to expand into Columbus for five years and at one point was suppose to go into cross country plaza at the location that was occupied by steve and barrys. They have now been waiting for a location large enough to open up and when Hobby Lobby opened it was the perfect fit. Dr. Agarwal applied for the permit on the building because he is an executive with palm estate realty which owns the Britt david shopping center. This is truly a great addition to Columbus. Hopefully more national retailers are in the works.

• 1 month later...

Lots of interesting development in Columbus lately.

As you might of heard, Jersey Mikes is going in the old Butlers Pantry.

Kia has started moving land by Columbus Park Crossing

IHOP has started construction on it's Gateway Rd. location

and just announced, Goo Goo 3 Minute Express Wash will be opening a new location on Gateway Rd. right down from their HQ beside the Walmart.

Last but not least, the most important is the evolution of the Koonce Place project at Williams Rd/Veterans Parkway. It seems that Woodruff has thrown the old idea out the window and decided and "Old Town" concept would be a better idea. I"m not sure if I agree or not, but that's not for me to decide ;)

They are using a company called Historical Concepts, they well, you guessed it, use a historial-ish basis for design, which is very cool but again, I'm not sure if it's right for North Columbus. here is one of their other projects in GA, http://www.historicalconcepts.com/the_gin_property_project_profile.pdf

Below is the map for the project. Word on the street is that they want to break ground by end of October (after it is approve), as with all Woodruff projects (e.g. Lakeside Village at Beaver Run), you never know if they're truly going to do something or not. We'll see.

post-17608-0-86233900-1317620262_thumb.p

• Like 1

Lots of interesting development in Columbus lately. As you might of heard, Jersey Mikes is going in the old Butlers Pantry. Kia has started moving land by Columbus Park Crossing IHOP has started construction on it's Gateway Rd. location and just announced, Goo Goo 3 Minute Express Wash will be opening a new location on Gateway Rd. right down from their HQ beside the Walmart. Last but not least, the most important is the evolution of the Koonce Place project at Williams Rd/Veterans Parkway. It seems that Woodruff has thrown the old idea out the window and decided and "Old Town" concept would be a better idea. I"m not sure if I agree or not, but that's not for me to decide ;) They are using a company called Historical Concepts, they well, you guessed it, use a historial-ish basis for design, which is very cool but again, I'm not sure if it's right for North Columbus. here is one of their other projects in GA, http://www.historicalconcepts.com/the_gin_property_project_profile.pdf Below is the map for the project. Word on the street is that they want to break ground by end of October (after it is approve), as with all Woodruff projects (e.g. Lakeside Village at Beaver Run), you never know if they're truly going to do something or not. We'll see.

I APPROVE! 100% Even if it's way up North... it is a start! This can be a new trend that could spread across the city. This is the development of the future. Excellent vision! Now if we could just change that horrible name... "Koonce Place" sounds like an abandoned country saloon in the swamps of Southeast GA.

Edited by xivinrah

Does anyone know if the land at the corner of Williams Rd and Whitesville has been sold? The for sale signs have been taken down. this is a nice piece of land.

Are you referring to the land next to the Shell station? I read in the paper that something is going here, I believe it was a nursing home maybe? I can't remember... it wasn't anything exciting or I would of posted it here? ;)

BatteriesPlus is opening a store in Columbus... http://www.batteriesplus.com/store_locator/zip/31909.aspx

Sleep Number is going in the old PCS/Verizon building next to Krispy Kreme.

Summit Pointe Apartments is starting construction

Are you referring to the land next to the Shell station? I read in the paper that something is going here, I believe it was a nursing home maybe? I can't remember... it wasn't anything exciting or I would of posted it here? ;) BatteriesPlus is opening a store in Columbus... http://www.batteriesplus.com/store_locator/zip/31909.aspx Sleep Number is going in the old PCS/Verizon building next to Krispy Kreme. Summit Pointe Apartments is starting construction

Glad to see something going into the old PCS building.

• 3 weeks later...

I've also been hearing lots of rumors that Five Guys is coming to Columbus. Anyone else heard this? I love em so this would be great for me.

I know the owner of the Five Guys here in Macon owns the rights in Columbus.He said the next Five Guys he opened would be in Columbus.that was a couple of yrs ago.