Columbus Projects & Developments

ATLman1

I'm alittle behind but here is some newsworthy new additions to Columbus:

- Zoe's Kitchen and PeachMac are opening their first Columbus locations in the "Columbus Park Crossing Northwest" shopping center next to Longhorn

- GiGi's Cupcakes and Tutti Fruitti Frozen Yogurt are opening their first Columbus locations at The Landings in the old Sanctuary bookstore.

Working on some other news... stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Read today where Von Maur is opening their second location in Atlanta and one in Birmingham. Both opening later this year. I really believe Columbus has a good shot at landing Von Maur as it is similar to the former Parisians. The president has said they are in expanding mode and if General Growth Properties is wise they will court this potential tenant for Peachtree Mall. What do you all think?

Read today where Von Maur is opening their second location in Atlanta and one in Birmingham. Both opening later this year. I really believe Columbus has a good shot at landing Von Maur as it is similar to the former Parisians. The president has said they are in expanding mode and if General Growth Properties is wise they will court this potential tenant for Peachtree Mall. What do you all think?

only problem with this is that Dillards owns the building, I believe.

in other news, Greystone Properties is building their first apartment complex in Phenix City, on Riverchase Parkway, will be called "Greystone at Riverchase"

• 3 weeks later...

Any new development news? Old Town starting soon?

Woodruff likes to have their hand in everything. I doubt that it will start any time soon.

Two new yogurt concepts coming to Columbus, one in The Landings and another somewhere else-- not sure of location.

Also, in other news the word on the street is that there will be a McDonalds at Beaver Run (in front of MyChurch Columbus). Also, with Swift going down at Beaver Run, the word on the street is that they're trying to get Costco, Michaels and Academy Sports.

Cherry Berry is going with Zoe's, Peach Mac and Five Guys

Sweet Frog is going in The Landings

Something is going next to New Life tan, not sure what yet.

CHILL Yogurt Cafe is opening soon on Bradley Park next to Publix.

YMCA on Warm Springs Rd has started Phase 1 of it's renovation, filed $1.3 million permit with city.

Publix has started remodels of Bradley Park and Woodruff Farm Rd stores, filed $350,000 permit with city.

• Like 1

Whatever happened with Super Target? That was supposed to happen in that area a few years ago. I also keep hearing that there might be a Cheesecake Factory coming here. Anyone else hear this? I think it would do very well. Restaurants seem to thrive in Columbus.

It is highly unlikely that we will get a Super Target in the forseeable future simply because there is not enough land in North Columbus near Veterans and other major arteries to build one. And of course South Columbus would never land one. The Cheesecake Factory will not be coming anytime soon either simply because this chain almost always opens in a higher end lifestyle center such as The Summit in Birmingham. The only hint at one has been from the manager at Peachtree Mall saying he is trying to land one during his tenior there. We shall see.

It is highly unlikely that we will get a Super Target in the forseeable future simply because there is not enough land in North Columbus near Veterans and other major arteries to build one. And of course South Columbus would never land one. The Cheesecake Factory will not be coming anytime soon either simply because this chain almost always opens in a higher end lifestyle center such as The Summit in Birmingham. The only hint at one has been from the manager at Peachtree Mall saying he is trying to land one during his tenior there. We shall see.

I doubt we will see a Super Target but I've seen alot of Target's label extending their grocery to more of a "Target Greatland" as they call it (but probably no name). Lots going on in Columbus. I'm ready for the Adams family to start on some of the projects they have planned.

They want to develop the rest of the Columbus Park land as well as the land behind Sleep Number. LOTS of retail that they want to start working on by late 2012, 2013.

Any hints as to some of the stores possibly coming?

No store names but it does look like it's going to be a great development. Pictures below!

http://grab.by/bSDk

This is the property behind Sleep Number, Starbucks, etc. (36 acres)

http://grab.by/bSDq

This is the old "Columbus Park South, Phase II" that was going to have Fresh Market and Bonefish. Again, this is planned for 2012-2015, so don't get excited.

Yes, if you look at the pictures, they show entrances just like The Avenues in Atlanta, so they would probably be much like that.

This is the Adam's Family that is trying to sell this (aka Adams Farm Road, Adam's Family...) so hopefully we'll see more developments from them.

I wouldn't get excited because the same maps were around years ago for this project... when trees start to fall, i'll start paying more attention.

• 2 weeks later...