What is everyone's profession on here?

paletexan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a musician/composer living in Selma, NC. I work as a church music director and run a Music Academy. I also do freelance gigging. I am originally from Raleigh and still call it home. I consider Smithfield/Selma suburbs. Although I live in a subdivision, it is a short distance from downtown Selma. My retirement goal is to live in DT Raleigh (but that is years away).

My wife and I spend a lot of time and money in the DT fine arts scene as we are season ticket holder to the NC Theatre. We also patronize Broadway Series South and the NC Symphony. It's always great to have a nice dinner downtown before walking to the show. I absolutely love Raleigh and may even consider running for city council one day.

Environmental engineer working for the Dept of Environment & Natural Resources. Thought my job was going to be downtown but rudely found out I had to work up near Highwoods. Live in a Caraleigh Mills near downtown. The intersection of urban planning and historic preservation is a passion of mine. Combining this concept, and making new development dense and efficient, is the foundation of all other environmental movements imo. Am told my office is moving downtown by 2008 so will be a biker then.

NCSU grad, June 2000.

Formerly employed as a landscape architect and city planner, now work as a land use/real estate lawyer at a downtown Raleigh law firm.

Graduated from the NCSU School of Design in 1991.

Got my masters in city planning and JD from UNC in 2001.

NC native, have lived in the Triangle since 1987.

Grew up in Greensboro, moved to Raleigh in '98 when I started at NCSU. Graduated with a Business Management degree, CSC minor, in 2002. I work in IT in the College of Engineering at NCSU.

As to the connection, I've always loved architecture and got interested in historic preservation etc., and that led me to this board...

Formerly employed as a landscape architect and city planner, now work as a land use/real estate lawyer at a downtown Raleigh law firm.

Graduated from the NCSU School of Design in 1991.

Got my masters in city planning and JD from UNC in 2001.

NC native, have lived in the Triangle since 1987.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is quite interesting, I want to a real estate lawyer for urban projects too. B)

My parents work in a downtown firm both of them are litigation lawyers.

That is quite interesting, I want to a real estate lawyer for urban projects too.  B)

My parents work in a downtown firm both of them are litigation lawyers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't do it! Save yourself! RUN!!!

Just a joke-- I actually enjoy what I do quite a bit, although I don't get to color and draw very much as a lawyer like i did as a planner and landscape architect. I've been involved in several interesting, urban projects; but unfortunately, not all my deals are urban. Or interesting.

I expect I know your parents-- the Wake County bar is a fairly close knit community.

WOW...I think I'm the ONLY School Psychologist on the board! :lol: I found this place while I was doing some "research" on a bar I was interested in that's in Greensboro...Hemmingways.

Grew up in the sticks of eastern NC, grad school in South Carolina and now I'm back in good ol' NC. I've been in The Triangle almost 5 years now. I have lots of family and friends in the area and I love it here...despite the HORRIBLE drivers!

• 3 weeks later...

Originally from the Outer Banks/Wanchese of NC. I have lived in the Raleigh area for over twenty years. I currently live in west Raleigh with my partner and two cats and work as a Customer Service Rep at Siemens Medical in Cary/Trust me I hate it to! I would give most anything to work in Dwntwn Raleigh. I have always been drawn to downtwn, which is amazing considering how few high rises Raleigh has, but for some reason I have been drawn to it specifically over all other cities that I have been to. Unusual don't you think?

Along the endless path of education (full time). For work, i am currently feeding hungry families (pizza delivery) for part time though my job loves to have me there full time :wacko:

I have held other jobs such as:

Paralegals Assistant

Arcade Manager at a pizzeria

Janitorial work

Eventually, ill land a real career hopefully something related to urban planning or being involved in highway transportation of any sort. The food service industry isnt for me despite what most people say :thumbsup:

Another IT person in RTP, me. A few years ago when I got laid off from my long-time employer I seriously considered becoming a transportation/urban planner and had actually attended my first class at UNC before a job offer came through. Still living in Cary...

Work in IT as a subcontractor for a government agency in RTP. Live a few blocks east of Moore Square, which I think puts me in downtown, but most other people just think it is 'da hood' .

Moved to Durham in 1989 to attend an on campus residential high school that will go nameless to protect the innocent. Then went to NC State in 91, starting in mechanical engineering, but finishing with a degree in computer science in 96.

Was working for a dot com downtown, so bought the afore mentioned house, but was laid off duing construction. Would like to work downtown again, but for now take TTA from Moore Square to the park. I was quoted in an N&O story about riding the bus to save gas a few weeks ago.

I found out about this group when a bunch of people joined the Urban Raleigh (shameless plug!) Y! group I maintain. I do *not* maintain the website (yet), so don't blame me!

I should have left here after college, but just felt there is something to the area that seems to attract wonderful people. Weather permitting, I walk or bike around downtown to keep tabs on everything, and help people with navigation tips when necessary.

Well, I am 18 and I'm a web publishing 'tycoon' and a college student.

I own about 100 (down from 200) web properties and have content sites on about 30 of them. I am trying to focus on content development now instead of selling and buying domains; content sites bring about a much more stable residual income.

I currently attend UNC Charlotte where I study English and History.

Archived